Throttle Problem

jboudwin

I am brand new to the forums so thanks ahead of time for your help. I did some limited flight-simming for years but only for fun. I am recently getting back into real flying after 20 years and am trying to use my sim to practice IFR skills for my rating on the ground. unfortunately I cannot figure out how to get my Saitek throttle to work correctly. IFR flying requires precise control and power input. I have the option to assign the throttle as either increase or decrease power...not both. I currently have it set to increase. As such it gives full throttle, 2600 RPM, or at no throttle 2000 RPM. There is no in-between and no lower than 2000 RPM.

How can I get full power adjustment from 0 to 2600 RPM?

Thanks,

Jim

BTW I am using a G1000 simulator plug-in that is every bit the real thing.

I gave up on joystick throttle slider. I got a Targus USB 10-key pad. Then I did calibration of slider and set slider to '0' throttle. Then I wedged a piece of plastic to jam the slider in place so it would not move. Then I assigned keys on keypad for F1, F2, F3 and F4. FSX will easily allow this. The keypad sits to left of my keyboard. I 'work' keypad with left hand, with right hand for joy. It's been 12 years and I don't need anything else to fly (or like I do, drive vehicles) with precision throttle (which helps with helicopter flying too!). See pics.

Chuck B

Napamule

Targus PAUK10U_Keypad.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived