What Is This Error Message?

aharon

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Yesterday and today, I had experienced freeze (screen freeze) of FSX during climbing after take off in few flights. Usually 7 minutes after take off.

I looked at event viewer and could NOT find any errors for FSX.

But scrolling down few days back and I saw the following words that I am wondering if any of you know what in the heck this is as seen below.

What can I do to fix this error that is called Radar_Pre_Leak_WOW64 error message for FSX? What caused it? The description says:

Radar_Pre_Leak_WOW64

fsx.exe

c:Users\Aharon\AppData\Local\Temp\RDR155.temp\empty.text

c:Users\Aharon\AppData\Local\Temp\WER156.tempWERInternalMetadata.xml

I have no idea what is it???? I ran sfc/scannow and it revealed no problems.

I am using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 set in Windows 10 Pro operating system

Thanks,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Hi Aharon! Did you remember to install UIAUTOMATIONCORE.dll into your Main FSX folder on your new system?

Shalom Mr Zippy,

As always as required by holy laws of flight simming world :)

I got fed up by strange freezes of FSX so I rebooted the pc and now I am flying a testing flight while FSX seems to be holding and running without problems.

That does not solve my two questions: Why did FSX freeze in few flights yesterday and today? And why was there NO NO NO error messages in the event viewer???

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Hi,

I used to get freezes like this that was caused by my printer software checking for updates in the background. Not necessarily the same as yours but worth checking of it happens again.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Hi Aharon,

The Radar Pre Leak error is an information type message relating to memory usage issues termed 'leaks'. They are not related to physical memory or other hardware problems (i.e. a failing memory chip or HDD) but with 'leaking' memory being used by a program and it mostly affects memory intensive games.

The actual cause of the 'leaking' memory can be down to several reasons, the main one being 'bad' coding within the program that mishandles how it uses/flushes the memory. WRT to FSX, it is considered by some that having empty NON DEFAULT (i.e. not the default Addon Scenery\ Scenery and Texture folders) scenery related folders but others from 3rd party addon can cause the issue as, even though the folder is empty, FSX will still load into memory details of that folder.

For example, when adding 3rd party scenery I always expand the .zip into a temp location and if it provides an empty Texture folder I don't transfer it across when adding the scenery

Another common cause is leaving PCs on continuously for long periods without a reboot - which, based on your comments, you do and hence following the reboot your testing appears to be going good. Regular reboots allows the system to 'reset' and clear out temp files that can clutter up memory

Regards

Brian

Another common cause is leaving PCs on continuously for long periods without a reboot - which, based on your comments, you do and hence following the reboot your testing appears to be going good. Regular reboots allows the system to 'reset' and clear out temp files that can clutter up memory

I'll give that a hearty +1. I turn my computer off at night and turn on in the morning when I get up. Fresh reboot every day.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

There are plusses and minuses to everything.

A fairly regular reboot IS in fact a very good thing, preventing all kinds of problems. Having said that, there are a couple minuses to it. If doing a "warm boot", not turning off the computer, just selecting Reboot from the shut down menu, I've been told by many PC experts that they don't always clear out everything they should.

If doing a "cold boot", turning the computer off, letting it sit for 1 minute minimum, then turning it back on, the reboot is much more reliable, assuring a complete reboot effect. BUT: It's been my experience in electronics, for a very long time, that electronic devices tend to fail during start-up.

So, a warm boot is much safer from the computer failure point of view, but not as reliable as a cold boot. A cold boot is a lot more reliable from the reboot POV, but there is an increased chance that the computer, if it's got a failure in the offing, will choose the startup time to do it.

Just a couple notes. If I have to reboot, and I do at least once a week, I do a cold boot, and cross my fingers. Just habit from back when I was resisting changing from DOS 3.2 to Widows 3 on the computers at work. I've always thought that "Windows is a memory vampire for people who can't figure out how DOS works". Back in "those days", there was a very limited amount of memory available for software to use, and loading Windows used up a lot of it just making pretty little pictures for people to start programs with.

Anyway, Back them, a cold boot once a day was my policy, for the PCs at work. If one failed, heck, the company bought another :D

Just my personal experiences...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

About cold reboots, many modern pc's don't fully shut off power.

Mine for example always leaves power to several usb ports, making it possible to charge a phone or something even when the pc is off.

If that is so, to fully cycle power you have to

shut down,

pull the power cord or flick the black switch on the back of the pc to off,

press the start button on the fron of the case a few times to fully drain the power,

then reconnect the power cord or flick the black switch to ON,

to fully cycle power and do a cold reboot.

I recently used a program called: WindowsRepair Free/Pro (from tweaking.com)

and that expressly says to use this method before starting the whole repair process.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived