Follow me car

bobr2

There use to be a follow me car that would come up when you clicked on the taxi some thing, in stead of the yellow arrows coming up a follow me car would come up instead for you to follow. Does any one know where that is and if it will work in FSX.

Follow Me 2 can still be used.

After some searching, the only place I saw a download for it was at AVSIMRussia.

Unless you know a better place, Jim:confused:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://www.avsim.su/f/fsx-effekti-i-dobavleniya-85/follow-me-2-0-fsx-54458.html&pre

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I just tried the link form lesh. Probably a more trustworthy site. When you run the installer it only gives the option of Repair or uninstall. keep it on Repair and just hit Finish to do the install.

Hang on!

I just installed it (from the link I gave) (same as link from lesh) and after running i in FSX I got a warning from my AV that the program was infected with a virus.

I think it was process: followMe2.exe

(restart PC to neutralise, so didn't take much time to see if it was followme2.exe or .dll)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hang on!

I just installed it (from the link I gave) (same as link from lesh) and after running i in FSX I got a warning from my AV that the program was infected with a virus.

I think it was process: followMe2.exe

(restart PC to neutralise, so didn't take much time to see if it was followme2.exe or .dll)

No alerts so far on my system. Just wondering how long to wait for the car after the request?

Quote: '...keep it on Repair..'

Parts, from Russia, take 3 to 5 days, Air Express. Mechanic work takes 1 to 2 days. :)

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi,

I haven't checked it out thoroughly but it looks like a worthwhile addon. I considered the yellow arrows a big detraction from the simulation but they were needed to find the correct parking space to satisfy ATC. I haven't checked how Followme works in that respect. I downloaded per lesh's link and it installed fine. I tripped myself up by trying to request taxi instructions but wasn't having any luck until I discovered my avionics were off. After reloading and discovering my mistake everything seems fine. My taxi speed seems to control the car speed and if I fall back the brake lights come on until I catch up. The car's turn signals do work correctly. No problem following the car to the departure point and the car magically disappears when it reaches the runway. Maybe I just blinked.

2017-7-24_21-30-14-353.jpg

Jim F.

The mystery of the vanishing car is solved! It isn't real! Just look at this picture:

2017-7-25_10-41-0-452.jpg

Now could a real car do that? Obviously a holograph of some sort. Pretty clever none the less. I couldn't taxi through the other plane but it was a simple matter to go around it and the car was happy to lead me to my chosen parking spot and then disappear. The car did not appear at some airports and I suspect there's some variation from the default location as I'm using ORBX scenery and that's causing the problem. Still checking.

The program comes with a rather complete trouble shooter and it discovered that I was running FSX at above normal priority and complained about it.

And Zippy - The car appears immediately or not at all. Just in case you didn't read the info, pressing Tab+F brings up the Followme menu.

Jim F.

And Zippy - The car appears immediately or not at all. Just in case you didn't read the info, pressing Tab+F brings up the Followme menu.

Jim F.

I did that and asked to be lead to the runway. Then pressed the 0 key (zero) and told it which runway to lead me to. It then flashed the message "Now just follow the car to the runway". No stinking car in front of me!:mad: I gave up.

P.S. Tab+f

I have FollowMe2 working now. No more virus warning.

My AV had originally quarantined files:

FollowMe2.exe

FMTroubleShooter.exe

Your "it's a false positive" was not enough to convince me that t was safe of course. There is an option in my AV to submit a found file for analysis. Sometimes they then see it is not actually a malicious file, and you receive a message that the file has been analysed as safe.

That's exactly what happened. About an hour ago I got a message from my AV that FollowMe2.exe was now considered a safe file after analysis.

I had already uninstalled the FollowMe2 program, so I reinstalled it. And it is working fine.

No more virus warning on my pc.

il.

PS:

The app works well. Car appears, and took me to the gate.

Was able to adjust the distance and speed of the car, etc. Keyboard shortcut worked as well. (For me it is Tab+f)

One small issue was that the gate number that ATC had sent me to was not in the FolowMe list of gates. I chose the gate next to it, and figured the last few meters out from there.

EDIT:-->May have been that the taxiway I was on was not correctly connected to that gate. I just tried again, at same airport, and now that gate number was available just fine.

Thank you Daniel, sweet!!

---

PPS:

MrZippy. THe car does not always appear in front of you. Sometimes it's a little off to your side.

Also, In the 737-800 I didn't see it at first either. In outside view I did. It was right in front of the nose, to close to see from the cockpit.

In the setting menu (see system tray) I increased the distance to 80 meters. Now it was easily visible from VC.

I didn't even need to restart fsx or follow me. Just cancel follow me with Alt+f, and call it up again, from within FSX.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When taxiing earlier FollowMe didn't offer me the gate. (see previous post)

I now realise why that may have been. FollowMe2 was set to only offer free gates. Not occupied ones.

This is adjustable in the FollowMe settings. You can make it offer all gates. You can also set folow me to automatically remove parked AI from the spot you choose.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, old Zippy just needs to get his head screwed on a little tighter every now and then!:rolleyes:

I just did a new reinstall. I guess I had fragment of a previous install a few years ago so that's why I was only offered a Repair or uninstall last time.

Now after doing things in the proper order, it now works! Also made some distance adjustments after this first test run.

Follow Me Start.JPG

Follow ME.JPG

Archived