UFO sightings in Flight Sim

tiger1962

Strange but True! In FSX:SE I've just spotted this UFO hovering at FL280 over RAF Cranwell, UK (one of UK2000's VFR Airfields sceneries but I don't think this object is part of that scenery):

UFO.JPG

This raises two important questions:

1. Whatisit?

2. Has anyone else seen it, or anything like it?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Looks like Mr Summons has some explaining to do!

It's most likely not the case, but I would say it could be Gary playing games with us? This bug was reported a while ago, he could have just added a mesh to it. [emoji14]

http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?topic=7471.0

Check out my YouTube Channel for FSX, X-Plane and other simulator content!

https://www.youtube.com/c/Drawyah/

Tiger Tiger burning bright ... would be important if it were only visible to your goodself !

Had me guessing for a while ... but you can flygh your defensive fighter straight through it without any apparent effect.

There is at least one other spook ... over Halton airfield ... presumably some RAF connection.

eaglen

I bet $1 that it only appears only on a certain date (and maybe only on a certain year?). Like maybe April 1st, 2006? I went to the co-ordinates, and hovered at 50 kts over Cranwell, and did not see it. So it could be addon scenery that is putting it there. I don't have uk2000.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I went to the co-ordinates, and hovered at 50 kts over Cranwell, and did not see it. So it could be addon scenery that is putting it there. I don't have uk2000.

Thanks Chuck, I was hoping it wasn't UK2000 scenery and it doesn't look like part of anything they would create... it seems to be a highly-detailed part of a military vehicle or aircraft. I also have FTX Global and UTX Europe installed, but no military add-ons at all.

I've had so many mid-air building collisions in FSX:SE that I've switched off collision damage & detection altogether, I've no idea where they're coming from though!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Chuck, I was hoping it wasn't UK2000 scenery and it doesn't look like part of anything they would create... it seems to be a highly-detailed part of a military vehicle or aircraft. I also have FTX Global and UTX Europe installed, but no military add-ons at all.

I've had so many mid-air building collisions in FSX:SE that I've switched off collision damage & detection altogether, I've no idea where they're coming from though!

I also have an object high above Lincolnshire, thought it was Sleaford, but Cranwell is in that area. Thought it was a cute add in, but I'd like to get rid of it. I have UK2000 Airfields v1

- Paul Elliott

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE

Nope nothing like that....but I'll tell you a story of an incredible near-miss...Back in FS2004 I was flying KABQ-KDEN I believe was flying the default 737 anyway an Airwave DC-9 suddenly appeared right above my windscreen maybe 50 ft clearance I didn't know what to do he throttled up I throttlled back who says this hoppy isn't real

• 3 years later...