AI Aircraft with "scimitars" not showing up

dude555

Hi guys,

I have a strange problem..not sure if anyone will be able to help me out, but I can't seem to get any 737s with the split scimitar winglets to show up as AI traffic. I've checked in AIFP and they're correctly assigned to various routes, but when I start up FSX they don't appear at all. I've checked the aircraft.cfg files and everything seems fine as well. I would assume that if there was a texture/model issue then the plane would show up but would have problems (i.e. black textures, floating parts, etc.). But they just don't show up at all. The models with normal winglets work just fine so I believe it has something to do with the scimitars. They're all just FAIB models with repaints made for them, so I don't understand why they're not showing up.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

When that happens with me the first thing I do is double check the aircraft.cfg and check every spelling to see if they match things like the texture name or the air file name.

Does it point to a paticular model and your model might have a different name?

I have seen many where one little thing like a comma or full stop or upper/lower case letters are different.

I see you said you checked the cfg, not insulting your intelligence but have another look, I have done this, convinced I have checked then I spot something.

When that happens with me the first thing I do is double check the aircraft.cfg and check every spelling to see if they match things like the texture name or the air file name.

Same here, but I just add a panel to the AI aircraft's folder.

If everything's OK, it should show on the aircraft selection screen.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

No. AI mostly has a sound or soundai folder of it's own.

And it's not critical for AI to show, it can work without a sound folder.

In fact, when programming AI from scratch, I always test all used aircraft by adding a panel, even before coding the flightplans.

That way you can check the textures, see if the propdisc isn't black, etc...

Wim

Does it point to a paticular model and your model might have a different name?

I have seen many where one little thing like a comma or full stop or upper/lower case letters are different.

I see you said you checked the cfg, not insulting your intelligence but have another look, I have done this, convinced I have checked then I spot something.

I've triple checked the aircraft.cfg files and the texture, model, and air file names are all correct. It's driving me crazy.

OK, have you by any chance got TTools flight plans installed and not converted to FSX, these can kill any FSX plans, they say don't mix the 2 up?

Just another thought.

Keep in mind that in his first post he stated that the flightplans were converted to FSX format and all that show up are his default FSX aircraft as AI.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Keep in mind that in his first post he stated that the flightplans were converted to FSX format and all that show up are his default FSX aircraft as AI.

That was someone else

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?307094-WOAI-issues!

@ColR : he did mention the "normal winglets 737s" worked OK

@OP : maybe try adding a panel after all, just so we can abandon the "bad aircraft" route ?

Wim

That was someone else

@OP : maybe try adding a panel after all, just so we can abandon the "bad aircraft" route ?

Wim

Thanks, Wim. I got my "AI won't show" posts mixed up! I agree, put a panel in the model that won't show.

That was someone else

Wim

Thanks, Wim. I got my "AI won't show" posts mixed up! I agree, put a panel in the model that won't show.

Thanks, guys. I will put a panel in the model and report back.

Thanks, guys. I will put a panel in the model and report back.

I just tried it! Now my intelligent question this time is... when you added each repaint for the FAIB 737 with winglets/split-scimitars, did you change the model= in each of the [fltsim.x] to model=scimitars_SN for each texture you want for the split scimitars?

Each repaint is good for both models.

UPDATE: I just tried the panel test with a 737-800. As suspected, the 738 w/ scimitars does NOT show up as flyable when choosing an aircraft, yet a 738 with normal winglets does show up.

I just tried it! Now my intelligent question this time is... when you added each repaint for the FAIB 737 with winglets/split-scimitars, did you change the model= in each of the [fltsim.x] to model=scimitars_SN for each texture you want for the split scimitars?

Each repaint is good for both models.

I believe I've tried it with model=scimitars and model=scimitars_SN. Both don't work.

Mighty annoying this, dude555 does not mention the name of the file he's installing.

Now MrZippy seems to know, and he doesn't mention which one he's installing either.

(So not even sure it's the same one.)

What file is this thread originally about? Both orig plane, and addon textures?

Oh, and are both not working?

Or does the original plane work, just not the extra textures?

(filename.zip

and where downloaded please.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was thinking if it's an AI then the air file will need changing but you say you got the other aircraft showing.

Can you post a copy of your file structure and a copy of the cfg, someone might spot something.

My Mistake the original AC isn't an AI but you want it to be, sorry.

Edited by ColR1948

Mighty annoying this, dude555 does not mention the name of the file he's installing.

Now MrZippy seems to know, and he doesn't mention which one he's installing either.

(So not even sure it's the same one.)

What file is this thread originally about? Both orig plane, and addon textures?

Oh, and are both not working?

Or does the original plane work, just not the extra textures?

(filename.zip

and where downloaded please.)

We did say. We're talking about the FAIB 737, in this case the version with scimitars. It was downloaded as part of the Sky AI Traffic program; which texture doesn't really matter as none of them work for the scimitar model. The other models show up just fine.

We did say. We're talking about the FAIB 737, in this case the version with scimitars. It was downloaded as part of the Sky AI Traffic program; which texture doesn't really matter as none of them work for the scimitar model. The other models show up just fine.

OK, No more help, at least from me!

I was thinking if it's an AI then the air file will need changing but you say you got the other aircraft showing.

Can you post a copy of your file structure and a copy of the cfg, someone might spot something.

My Mistake the original AC isn't an AI but you want it to be, sorry.

I actually tried re-downloading the FAIB base model and changing the air file for the scimitar version..didn't work.

Here's the .cfg if anyone wants to take a look: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgf5dpzoo0dsru3/Aircraft.cfg?dl=0

OK, No more help, at least from me!

That really doesn't have anything to do with the issue though. You could download the FAIB model and the repaints yourself and replicate the same problem.

edit: never mind, the AI program actually is the issue.

Edited by dude555

The thing is, planes, textures, etc, are often uploaded to different sites.

Sometimes the author brings out an updated version.

Sometimes even someone who is not supposed, (not the original designer!) uploads a "updated" version.

Many planes exist on different sites in all different sites, none of them eactly the same.

The only way to get help with the file set YOU are looking at is to say where you

downloaded it. Filename.zip included.

Without that there is really no way to help you out.

"the FAIB 737 with scimitars" may seem clear enough, but it really is not.

The extra info you provided now makes it a bit more clear.

(Just like MrZippy I won't help out with that AI. (And as he said, the original from FAIB works fine. So I won't go to test that either. No need.))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The thing is, planes, textures, etc, are often uploaded to different sites.

Sometimes the author brings out an updated version.

Sometimes even someone who is not supposed, (not the original designer!) uploads a "updated" version.

Many planes exist on different sites in all different sites, none of them eactly the same.

The only way to get help with the file set YOU are looking at is to say where you

downloaded it. Filename.zip included.

Without that there is really no way to help you out.

"the FAIB 737 with scimitars" may seem clear enough, but it really is not.

The extra info you provided now makes it a bit more clear.

(Just like MrZippy I won't help out with that AI. (And as he said, the original from FAIB works fine. So I won't go to test that either. No need.))

That makes sense, thanks for the help. I just tried it with the original FAIB as well and it works so I will try replacing what isn't working with my own custom installation.

@dude555

Not sure if you know or not but if not the package you got from SKY is pirated models from all different sites, so anything to do with that and others like that it is a taboo on this forum.

If you didn't know you may be forgiven, I returned to FS a few years ago after a long spell away from it and I almost downloaded something very similar to what you got, luckily I mentioned it on here and was warned about it, but being new so to speak I didn't know.

@dude555

Not sure if you know or not but if not the package you got from SKY is pirated models from all different sites, so anything to do with that and others like that it is a taboo on this forum.

If you didn't know you may be forgiven, I returned to FS a few years ago after a long spell away from it and I almost downloaded something very similar to what you got, luckily I mentioned it on here and was warned about it, but being new so to speak I didn't know.

I didn't realize this since everything was freeware, but I see now that it's not appreciated in the community. Makes sense too since their website doesn't even work anymore and I think they've changed their name in the past.