Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AI Aircraft with "scimitars" not showing up

Default AI Aircraft with "scimitars" not showing up

Hi guys,

I have a strange problem..not sure if anyone will be able to help me out, but I can't seem to get any 737s with the split scimitar winglets to show up as AI traffic. I've checked in AIFP and they're correctly assigned to various routes, but when I start up FSX they don't appear at all. I've checked the aircraft.cfg files and everything seems fine as well. I would assume that if there was a texture/model issue then the plane would show up but would have problems (i.e. black textures, floating parts, etc.). But they just don't show up at all. The models with normal winglets work just fine so I believe it has something to do with the scimitars. They're all just FAIB models with repaints made for them, so I don't understand why they're not showing up.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

When that happens with me the first thing I do is double check the aircraft.cfg and check every spelling to see if they match things like the texture name or the air file name.
    Does it point to a paticular model and your model might have a different name?

I have seen many where one little thing like a comma or full stop or upper/lower case letters are different.

I see you said you checked the cfg, not insulting your intelligence but have another look, I have done this, convinced I have checked then I spot something.

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post
    When that happens with me the first thing I do is double check the aircraft.cfg and check every spelling to see if they match things like the texture name or the air file name.
    Same here, but I just add a panel to the AI aircraft's folder.
    If everything's OK, it should show on the aircraft selection screen.

Wim

Did you add sound as well?

No. AI mostly has a sound or soundai folder of it's own.
    And it's not critical for AI to show, it can work without a sound folder.

In fact, when programming AI from scratch, I always test all used aircraft by adding a panel, even before coding the flightplans.
    That way you can check the textures, see if the propdisc isn't black, etc...

Wim

Does it point to a paticular model and your model might have a different name?

I have seen many where one little thing like a comma or full stop or upper/lower case letters are different.

I see you said you checked the cfg, not insulting your intelligence but have another look, I have done this, convinced I have checked then I spot something.
    I've triple checked the aircraft.cfg files and the texture, model, and air file names are all correct. It's driving me crazy.

OK, have you by any chance got TTools flight plans installed and not converted to FSX, these can kill any FSX plans, they say don't mix the 2 up?
    Just another thought.

OK, have you by any chance got TTools flight plans installed and not converted to FSX, these can kill any FSX plans, they say don't mix the 2 up?
    Just another thought.
    Keep in mind that in his first post he stated that the flightplans were converted to FSX format and all that show up are his default FSX aircraft as AI.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Keep in mind that in his first post he stated that the flightplans were converted to FSX format and all that show up are his default FSX aircraft as AI.
    That was someone else
    https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...94-WOAI-issues!

@ColR : he did mention the "normal winglets 737s" worked OK

@OP : maybe try adding a panel after all, just so we can abandon the "bad aircraft" route ?

Wim

Quote Originally Posted by f16jockey_2 View Post
    That was someone else
    https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...94-WOAI-issues!

@ColR : he did mention the "normal winglets 737s" worked OK

@OP : maybe try adding a panel after all, just so we can abandon the "bad aircraft" route ?

Wim
    Thanks, Wim. I got my "AI won't show" posts mixed up! I agree, put a panel in the model that won't show.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast