How to edit airport codes and names for FSX?

tonyleo

Hi all

is there anyway to edit airport codes and names in fsx?

Would like to know if this would be ok to do wihout using ADE, as not having the SDK tool from steam working.

So far the addons I have downloaded have all been OK, including the free ones.

There really isn't an SDK for FSX:SE. If you want one, though the P3d v1.4 SDK works just fine. It's what the FSDeveloper forums use and recommend. Most other places too.

I can probably find the link to it if you want...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

There really isn't an SDK for FSX:SE. If you want one, though the P3d v1.4 SDK works just fine. It's what the FSDeveloper forums use and recommend. Most other places too.

I can probably find the link to it if you want...

Pat☺

Hi

thanks.

I downloaded the sdk 1.4 from the the site below, but it just won't work with ADE, it won't complile anything.

I also tried the V2 from the same site below, but it won't even let you use it on my desktop, which has windows vista.

Fsx steam is working good with the addons i have installed, also have used AI flight plans and so on.

http://www.prepar3d.com/support/sdk/

Did you read that page? It clearly says of all sdk's there that they can not be used with fsx. (And it says that they are only for use with p3d. - I didn't download one, but I expect the licence also says it's only for use with p3d.)
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't what the liscence reads, but I installed the v1.4 and it works fine for me in FSX:SE. Honest, I swear. Very much, do I swear. Former Marine thing...:rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I got the info about using the v1.4 with FSX:SE from the FSDev forums, and they seem to know where-of they speak. as to it working with ADE, I can't say, as I don't use that.

Maybe you should pop on over to the FSDeveloper website and see what they say. Maybe there's something in there about FSX:SE, ADE, and an SDK. They seem to have everything about everything sim related...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived