Why does it not give you long to edit a post?

ColR1948

I often post a comment only to see I made an error, sometimes I notice it after a few minutes, then I edit to put it right.

Then the little message appears on the post 'Edited xxx' It might just be me but I want my post to look and/or be correct and it bugs me to let others know I edited it.

So why does it not give the poster time to go back and edit without the message apperaing, I understand if it was hours later or something but after only a few minutes isn't long.

I know you can say, well double check before you post then you won't need to edit, but can the time limit be extended?

I agree! If I see anything to do with "Edited" in your posts, I tend to skip it entirely. It just means you screwed everything up and it's not worth reading.:p

Aw, crap! I had to come back and edit this post! My day is ruined. Sorry, just had to poke fun at you for this one!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Part of the issue is that while you're editing your post, someone else could be reading and responding to the original version. In some cases people will completely change their post and making the response irrelevant or look completely out of place. Adding the "Edited ..." piece gives some indication that something changed.

I don't view posts that were edited any differently than ones that weren't. Actually, I wish more people would go back and edit their posts. Some of the grammar and spelling on the internet is quite poor...

I don't view posts that were edited any differently than ones that weren't. Actually, I wish more people would go back and edit their posts. Some of the grammar and spelling on the internet is quite poor...

+1 Thank you loki! I would bet that I edit 85% of my posts because of added info, like opening my Sim and taking screenshots of something someone said doesn't work. And, of course, my fumble fingered typing.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes, many aren't native English speakers and errors due to that are usually pretty obvious and very understandable. I'm talking about those whose native tongue is English that don't put any effort into spelling or grammar at all. In fact, I find many of those with English as a second or third language are better than most native speakers.

Ha Ha, I agree, just lately I've been mistyping a lot and sometimes like I said above I might not notice till I posted.

Then I go back to edit and sometimes while doing so I spot another, then after a few more edits the popup comes on 'Edited by etc'

It isn't too bad on here as most of us a friendly but on some forums I've seen posts where someone has pulled another up for bad grammar or spelling, then the topic goes off and it becomes a battle of wits between 2 posters, and on some occasions the thread gets locked.

Can't edit? Just click on 'Reply to Thread' and enter your modified info and point to prior post being bad. It's not like you are using up any printer ink or anything.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 1 month later...

Archived