FSX - Moving The Camera

tilneyg88

Apologies if this has been posted before, I couldn't find anything too similar myself.

I have Orbx scenery installed and was wondering if there was any way you can move the camera whilst flying. I don't want something like Orbx Bob as I want to be able to fly and watch it from the ground but not where the tower is situated. For example it would be nice to view an aircraft from the coastline and move the camera there?

Hope this makes sense and if it's possible any help is much appreciated!

Thanks. :)

I want to be able to fly and watch it from the ground but not where the tower is situated. For example it would be nice to view an aircraft from the coastline and move the camera there?

There are lots of ways to do this. The one I am familiar with is FS Recorder. You can fly (or slew) the aircraft to a location, then create a custom tower view at the aircraft's location. You can edit the view to specify, for example, a different height above the ground. You can save as many of these tower views as you want.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

There are lots of ways to do this. The one I am familiar with is FS Recorder. You can fly (or slew) the aircraft to a location, then create a custom tower view at the aircraft's location. You can edit the view to specify, for example, a different height above the ground. You can save as many of these tower views as you want.

Thanks so much, really appreciate it! :)

Currently in Beta, Chase Plane looks very promising - certainly worth checking out.

If you want something simpler, free and already part of FSX you may be able to use a scenery camera. There are no default scenery cameras in FSX but the SDK provided 4 sample plane spotter locations. Basically, a scenery camera is located by specifying lat, lon, and elevation (in meters) as well as the pitch,roll,and heading just like the cutom aircraft cameras. The cameras can be moved just like default cameras using enter and Backspace (modified with Ctrl, Shift and Ctrl-shift). The cameras can be added to the aircraft.cfg file along with any custom cameras already present and each will need a unique name, number and guid like the others. The cameras can be adjusted in flight like default cameras and even edited in flight to get them set up 'just so'. Here's a couple samples from the Mach Loop area in Wales that I used in a YouTube video.

[CameraDefinition.2]

Title = "MachCam2"

Guid = {8ed97ba7-cb47-47eb-b683-c6e3ff06645a}

Description = Fixed location camera

Origin = Fixed

InstancedBased = No

SnapPbhAdjust = None

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = Track

PitchPanRate=15

HeadingPanRate=45

PanAcceleratorTime=0

ShowAxis = No

AllowZoom = Yes

InitialZoom = 1.0

SmoothZoomTime = 1.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = TRUE

XyzRate = 2

Transition = No

ShowLensFlare=FALSE

Category = Scenery

FixedLatitude=N52.737627

FixedLongitude=W3.77586

FixedAltitude=369 // meters

;InitialPbh=0,0, -40.0

HotKeySelect=6

[CameraDefinition.3]

Title = "MachCam3"

Guid = {2a4cdb95-38d6-4308-81f4-1ae74927113e}

Description = Fixed location camera

Origin = Fixed

InstancedBased = No

Track = Track

Category = Scenery

SnapPbhAdjust = None

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

PitchPanRate=15

HeadingPanRate=45

PanAcceleratorTime=0

AllowZoom = Yes

InitialZoom = 2.0

SmoothZoomTime = 1.0

XyzAdjust = TRUE

XyzRate = 3

FixedLatitude=N52.709362

FixedLongitude=W3.845580

FixedAltitude=410 // meters

;InitialPbh=0,0, -40.0

Transition = No

ShowLensFlare=FALSE

ShowAxis = No

ShowWeather = Yes

HotKeySelect=8

Unique guid's for new cameras available HERE.

If you think this would be useful, feel free to contact me by PM or email for assistance. UTube link below in signature.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Hi til,

Once you've created the new view (Camera) make sure it contains a "HotKeySelect=X" line and then in the Control assignments View section assign a key to that "View camera X (select)" Event. Do not use "4" as it seems this is hard-coded"

I haven't tried this but it seems that different aircraft at different airports could use the same HotKeySelect line. Different location values of course in each new Camera Definition.

Jim F.

Archived