Plan-G and the Shipping Lanes

ColR1948

I had a little play with a ship, but first I loaded Plan-G on my spare monitor, then I started FSX and selected a ferry type ship I had installed.

I put the ship on the runway at EGNH (Blackpool), then moved it via the map to Lancaster where there is a little harbour.

Then I slewed it in to place at the harbour and saved the flight so if I go there again it will save me all that trouble.

I then went on Plan-G and connected to FSX, I got the icon at the harbour then I followed the shipping lane on Plan-G to the Isle of Man, it took me right up to Douglas, I cheated a little I went 2 x for a while then normal speed when I got close to Douglas.

It made a change from flying, I'm not sure how the guys from FS Shipyards do it but that was my method anyway lol.

There is a man named Hendricks who has made not only a ton of ships, but shipping lanes for them. If/when you download an install all his packages, and there are more than a few, you will have a bazillion different kinds of ships sailing all over the world. In and out of harbours, up and down coasts, out in the middle of the Pacific, you name it, he's got a ship or ten sailing through.

Really great stuff, and lot's of it.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Whoops!

You're right. I apologize. Henrick Neilson is who I meant. Lousy memory of mine.

Or, as they say, My Bad!

Just plug Henrick Nielson into the library's search, you get lots of goodies. I have everything of his I can find anywhere. SimOuthouse is another good place to look for his stuff, as is Simviation, but the library here has many many entries from him.

He still puts out new packages too. Really an amazing guy. And it's all free!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

There is a guy called Carl Platt who has done a 'Ship Locator' I downloaded it but in the instructions it says you need Google Earth to be installed and running, plus then he directs you to download all of Henrik's ships.

Seemed a bit complicated all that but I fancy looking at Henrik's Stuff though.

but I fancy looking at Henrik's Stuff though.

It's really very, very good. But be warned, there is a ton and a half of it. You will be downloading and installing for a while, but the final result is more than worth it, if you want to see a huge variety of ships on an even huger (is that a word??) variety of routes all over the world.

Well worth it though. Important to set the ship sliders on the Traffic tab of the General menu very high to get the full effect. Both sliders, although the small ships one isn't as important. Almost all his ships are the large-ish variety. Still a ton.

I think the first, original one he put out was 350 Ships, and he patched that, then a 250 Ships, and so on. Several packs like that. Each has a large variety of traffic files for your Scenery\World\scenery folder, too. I can't even count how many I have, there's so many. I run out of fingers and toes too fast :rolleyes:

Enjoy, I sure do!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@PhantomTweak, I went the hole hog and downloaded the lot, I have it installed now.

I gave it a try, I set off from my saved harbour and straight away I spotted a large liner, I made my way to intercept and when I got closer it was the Queen Mary 2.

I need to find a submarine now and go hunting lol.

Archived