Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FDSFX sound panel

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
    So long since I last took a look at it but Zippy, your missing your panel plate image 'FDFSX.bmp', (as you probably know), and Acuity not sure if you have it working or not yet? Whats your panel.cfg file look like?

Even though I created FDSFX panel way back in 2003, it works with FSX and P3D up to version3. I just never updated the install instructions which are pretty bad to begin with, ha!

Sadly, it will not work with P3Dv4. Awe.... if I ever get the time...
    I've used your add-on for years. In FS2004 and now FSX. I have always wondered about the voices. Is that you? And I notice that the flight attendants say something about smoking. HAHA Was this recorded in the 80's?

I had a sound set for FDSFX that was for South West. It was really funny, as are South West flight attendants. But now I don't know what it's called anymore. I'd like to use that in the PMDG 737NGX once I purchase it. I had it in the PMDG 737 in FS2004. Could you use two sound sets with this add-on? I'm not sure if you can. I even had an awesome gauge that I fine tuned that would make call outs automatically based on radar height and speed. For the life of me I can't remember it's name now either. I had it in my PMDG B1900D. Was fantastic, except if you were a few thousand above mountains it would play the "prepare for landing" bit which wasn't the case. HAHA Should have had some XML in there for when the LOC came alive and the radar ALT was at a certain level. That would offer redundancy.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    FS2004 and FSX are CPU ORIENTATED games. Don't go hog wild on a GPU! Won't matter.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

So long since I last took a look at it but Zippy, your missing your panel plate image 'FDFSX.bmp', (as you probably know), and Acuity not sure if you have it working or not yet? Whats your panel.cfg file look like?

Even though I created FDSFX panel way back in 2003, it works with FSX and P3D up to version3. I just never updated the install instructions which are pretty bad to begin with, ha!

Sadly, it will not work with P3Dv4. Awe.... if I ever get the time...
    Thanks I got it working, not sure why but after uninstalling a Sound addon, upon then opening FSX was prompted to allow Trusted Software/DLL's etc then everything started to work

Thanks everyone

Yea, on some of the sound-sets that's my voice... Capn' Clutch! I used to recruit real-world flight attendants to make the recordings. Yea, no smoking and how about "movie". Guess that would be "multi-media" these days.

I threw out an idea here on the P3D forums if you care to read. It's actually a post from another simmer about FDSFX but I added some comments/ideas there if interested.

Clutch
    "simwestDESIGN"

Blog Entries

CRJ_simpilot, I have that same Southwest package. Features "Colette" as both serious and humorous. I think it's available at Avsim.

*edit

Found it: http://www.flightsimhq.com/downloads/viewfile/373.html
    Last edited by kingnorris; 07-23-2017 at 05:17 PM.
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by kingnorris View Post
    CRJ_simpilot, I have that same Southwest package. Features "Colette" as both serious and humorous. I think it's available at Avsim.

*edit

I'd bet 5 bucks that those stewardess comments don't even come close to the ones you hear in the cockpit sounds of the version 3 C-47. AND you don't have to keep pushing buttons.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    I'd bet 5 bucks that those stewardess comments don't even come close to the ones you hear in the cockpit sounds of the version 3 C-47. AND you don't have to keep pushing buttons.
    Still better than nothing. Adds atmosphere.
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kingnorris View Post

*edit

That's who it was! Colette. Thanks!

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    FS2004 and FSX are CPU ORIENTATED games. Don't go hog wild on a GPU! Won't matter.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

8. Default

Yea, on some of the sound-sets that's my voice... Capn' Clutch! I used to recruit real-world flight attendants to make the recordings. Yea, no smoking and how about "movie". Guess that would be "multi-media" these days.

I threw out an idea here on the P3D forums if you care to read. It's actually a post from another simmer about FDSFX but I added some comments/ideas there if interested.

Clutch
    How did you recruit the flight attendants? LOL And are you a real world pilot? I think I practically have the voice set memorized.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx

I can't figure out why this seems to load but I but when the panel comes up it's just a black window.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clip0001.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	288.8 KB 
ID:	203543

I have been back over the installation several times and I believe that I followed them correctly but....???

Looks like a cool add-on. Any help greatly appreciated.

Here's my panel.cfg for the CRJ-700.
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. Default

change:
    [WindowXX]

to:
    [Window14]

for a start.

Second:
    Make sure all files like:
    fdsfx_01_gate.dat
    FDSFX_01_gate.gau