Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FDSFX sound panel

Default FDSFX sound panel

Hi all

I had this sound panel/cabin effects and announcements on FS2004, it says its not compatible for FSX, but just wanted to double check, as I read people have had it working
    I have tried adding it, by editing the Panel.cfg and placing all the sounds, and gauges in the right place etc, but not even managed to get it to show when selecting views (although could be my bad config editing skills) as don't do this much

does it def work, or is there an alternative for FSX

Thanks

I have had it installed and it does work. Show your panel.cfg
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Thanks for your quick reply

I am just going to try again, as there are 10 panels so the sound should be number 11, so will check that again
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Acuity; 07-21-2017 at 02:48 PM.

I borrowed your [window10] from your panel.cfg and placed it into my default 737-800. I had this download before and kept the gauge and sounds. Still works!

Remember this is activated by going to the menu/views/instrument panel and selecting FlightDeck SFX Panel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panel.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	198858

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Thanks for trying
    Yeah i'm selecting Views/instrument panel but Flight deck does not show as you would expect at the bottom.

I will keep at it

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Acuity View Post
    Thanks for trying
    Yeah i'm selecting Views/instrument panel but Flight deck does not show as you would expect at the bottom.

I will keep at it

cheers
    Dang, I never realized how many different gauge/.dat files for fdsfx are in my Main Gauges folder. 42 of 'em! Then, of course, the sound .wav files in the Main Sound folder.

7. Default

I use it in my Lear 45. But it isn't black like what is shown.

I have FSPanel Studio. I could edit your panel config and add the gauge. But I need to know what plane. Then I need to know if you use 3D or 2D cockpit so I can place the gauge icon.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    FS2004 and FSX are CPU ORIENTATED games. Don't go hog wild on a GPU! Won't matter.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Dang, I never realized how many different gauge/.dat files for fdsfx are in my Main Gauges folder. 42 of 'em! Then, of course, the sound .wav files in the Main Sound folder.
    Still playing around with, but would appear its not taking any notice of any changes to the cfg. for example I have a 737 sound addon which I purchased via Steam which sounds great and also comes with a panel which is called Mini Panel and basically lets you click it and you get that "Bing Bong chime" before announcements

If I totally delete that entry "pasted below" it still shows, (after restart FSX)

Window09=Mini Panel

[Window09]
    position=6
    size_mm=221,211
    child_3d=1
    background_color=0,0,0
    ident=MINIPANEL
    gauge00=B737_800!pfd_screen, 0, 0
    gauge01=B737_800!pfd, 21,19,179,179

Edit:

Ok oddly its now working, and the only change was to uninstall the 737 sound addon from the Steam client, then when I loaded FSX I was prompted with the allow software to run message (FDSFX Gauges etc,loads of them) I presume that's due to the location of FSX which is installed in the default place
    oh well
    Might add the sound back, and see if prob comes back, cant really see how its related
    Last edited by Acuity; 07-22-2017 at 09:09 AM.

So long since I last took a look at it but Zippy, your missing your panel plate image 'FDFSX.bmp', (as you probably know), and Acuity not sure if you have it working or not yet? Whats your panel.cfg file look like?

Even though I created FDSFX panel way back in 2003, it works with FSX and P3D up to version3. I just never updated the install instructions which are pretty bad to begin with, ha!

Sadly, it will not work with P3Dv4. Awe.... if I ever get the time...
    "simwestDESIGN"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast