Sound problem after paused sim

Hi there,

maybe anybody can help me.

When in simulation and I press "P" and after a while I repress the key, the sim goes on BUT now I hear a deafening noise of jet-sound - don't know where it comes from and how to stop it. This phenomenon also accurs after saving the situation in flight.

Any suggestions?

Thanks by now

Charly

I have connected an amplifier and earphones connected to the amplifier's output.

Could it be a problem with your applefryer when it loses the sound from the Sim being paused and then resumed? Can you directly connect your headphones and bypass the amplifier as a test?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

One other thought -- on certain aircraft (the default Goose, for example) I'll sometimes get a full power sound. It goes away after I'm at full throttle for a couple of seconds.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I think that both Colin and Charlie are on the right track with their suggestions - posts #7 and #9 respectively.

A relatively common problem, especially with laptops, when using plugin standalone speakers is that, as they tend to be more powerful (in the terms of Watts per channel) and have better sound quality than the default ones, they normally require a lower volume setting to get the same level of sound.

For example, on the default speakers you may have had to use a level of 20 to get any decent sound, whereas, the plugin speaker level will always be lower, say at 5 or 6, to get the same level of sound. If the plugin speakers then stop working, it is likely that the default speaker is automatically reactivated but at a much higher volume than before as the soundcard software program compensates for the more powerful sound - it can only do this by setting a higher volume.

EDIT

You could confirm if this is the cause by doing one of two things......

1. Start FSX in window mode. When flying place the mouse cursor over the sound icon on the taskbar and note the volume. Pause the sim and then unpause as you normally do and check the volume again.

2. Do some other task that uses sound such as playing some music. Whilst the music is playing, disconnect the plugin speaker and see what happens.

EDIT END

Regards

Brian

@longbreak754

Many thanks for your kindly advices, but for better understanding the problem: The sound raises NOT generally (other sounds are in normal volume), it's more that the loud engine sound is added.

Does it happen with all aircraft, be it jet engine, piston, or "Pit Woofie"?;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I do that too on some aircraft but I still get the loss of sound (sometimes).

I also found when veiwing an aircraft in spot view, if I pan round using the hat switch the sound changes from fairly loud to hardly hearing it at all depending what angle I view.

I used to do a lot of AI in FS2004 and never experienced that, I know this is FSX so is it different in this sim?

I was just flying the default Cessna 170 in Air Hauler and I noticed the sound when in spot view remained the same no matter where I panned, but with some other aircraft that I have added what I think is a better sound I'm having these problems.

So what are your thoughts?

Archived