Is there a way to make FDSFXPNL work in P3D v4?

Timberleaf

I have been going back through the FSX library of gauge addons and remembered FDSFXPNL. I tried to add it but the gauge push-buttons do not show up within the sim when loaded. I have used this gauge before in FSX. I realize that P3D v4 is 64-bit. Any thoughts on how to get this amazing addon to work?

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

Unless it was coded in XML, it will need to be rewritten for a 64bit app.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Yes, I believe it does work in P3D v3. The change to v4 is a 64 bit leap. I am sorry to hear it is not usable in v4. I would love to encourage a "rebuild", if possible. Thanks for the addon, regardless what you do from here.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

Yes, it will work in P3Dv3.

Yes, I would like to come out with a new 64bit version but it's just finding the time. Working on a large FS project that takes up all of my time right now, but I never say never.

Let me throw this out there... would you prefer it as a "freebie" add-on, no new features just as it is but working in P3Dv4 or maybe a payware version with new features like:

1. Installs automatically into aircraft of your choice. No more messing with hand-editing.

2. Can select manual button selection (like it is now), or you could select each switch to be manual or automatic (it starts based on flight condition).

3. Voice-sets could be grouped in different ways (airline, aircraft type, destinations) so one would not have to manually move/replace/edit individual voice announcements.

4. A few extra switches to add you own custom announcements or sounds.

5. Background chatter (have really no idea what I am thinking here other than some sort of "chatter"... live or recorded)

Just throwing out ideas I had always wanted to add but never had the time. Just throwing it out there for conversation.

Clutch

Sorry, I have been working - could not reply until this morning.

I would like to see the latter, perhaps pay-for, with the extra "bells and whistles". I realize it is extra work. But, what you have is a true GEM to the flightsim community, imho. I, for one, would be willing to pay for a successor.

Timberleaf

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be happy to pay for a successor! I've modified the panel so that each button represents a single song from a collection of my favourite music. If you are looking at modifications, I wish you would add a single button that randomly plays music from up to 50 or 100 songs. Guess that the same thing would be accomplished if you added a few extra switches as you noted in point 4 of your post. Thanks for all the great years of use.

BTW, the first program I ever used in this sort of vein was ACSCPSND by Alain Capt which served me well for many years. The developer never considered further development, but this was a single button push which started random music and was mixed with crew announcements. You can still download the file ACSCRPB5.zip to check it out in terms of functionality. I'll be making the total switch over to P3D v4 very soon and would love to see your program in that world. Thanks for writing and expressing an interest in recoding for 64 bit.

http://www.acsoft.ch/Flight_Simulator/ACS-CRPB/acs-crpb.html

Archived