saitek pro flight switch panel???

if I posted this in the wrong place I am sorry. but any way I got my panel yesterday and hooked it up only to find that the only thing working in fsx is the magneto switch and nothing else. I been doing some research and every thing says to use SPAD. do the Saitek drivers not work? cause I can not set any thing up. and that is what the idea of this was. for the improvement of my flight sim. but so far it's just nice to look at:(
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

Hi CessnaFlyer

I have the Saitek Switch panel and found that it worked OK with their drivers but only with the FSX functions marked on the panel, you could not program anything else. Spad came out and that helped a lot but it is no longer supported.

SPAD.next is the latest non Saitek software and I have found that I can set any switch to any function I want. (Spad and SPAD.next are two completely different products.)

I hope this helps.

Take care

Ed

BTW, I see you are in Wooster. We lived in Dayton for 60+ years and in 2014 decided we were tired of snow and ice and now live in the Tampa area.

:D very nice I have been to Dayton to the air force museum very nice place. so back to the switch panel you have to install the Saitek drivers then hook up the panel correct? cause I hooked it up then installed the drivers. and when I did all I had was the magneto's so if I do it the other way every thing will work?

I don't expect that the panel will work straight out if the box without going through the fsx controls menu to assign all of the switches and buttons as all aircraft are different especially if you are using an add on aircraft. Have you tried this?

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I don't expect that the panel will work straight out if the box without going through the fsx controls menu to assign all of the switches and buttons as all aircraft are different especially if you are using an add on aircraft. Have you tried this?

Cheers

Stinger

that's the problem. it is not in the fsx controls menu for me. so I can't assign any thing. so did I install the software incorrectly for it? and that's why it did not work the first time?

Do you see it in the windows joysticks list? If not I would suspect a driver issue and re- install from scratch.

I'm sorry but I don't have this panel so I can't be more specific.

Cheers

Stinger

yes sir I see it in the devices and printers and it work on the test page. but if I understand it right you have to install the drivers then plug it into the usb port on the computer?

wait I may have found my answer.

this is from the Saitek website

We understand you need assistance with Pro Flight Switch Panel. However, the device will not show as a "Controller" in FSX because it is a Panel and not a controller. As long as you have followed these steps to set it up you should be ready to use it in FSX:

so as I understand this you need the drivers and the fsx plug-in?

well it was a jumbo jet load of problems for me any ways. but I finally got this thing to work with FSX I posted a question on another forum as to if it will work with some other planes I have. but son of a building block. I got it to work.

Glad you got it sorted. Let us know what the problem was as it may help others.

Cheers

Stinger

I can gladly do that. the only thing you need to do is get just the FSX plug-in if that what you use DO NOT install the Saitek drivers. all that is is the test page. ll you need to do is plug the thing in and you can fly with it. it does not show up in the controls menu nor can you assign commands. it is already set up. I have been flying with it for a little while now. and it's kind of nice.

Archived