2 new panels for the Dave Garwood Hawker Hunter prototypes

asos

I have uploaded 2 panels for the 2 Hawker Hunter prototypes by Dave Garwood.

Here:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Panels

FS2004 Two Panels For The Hunter Prototypes

[ Download | View ]

Name: hunpropnl.zip

Size: 1,972,640 Date: 07-16-2017 Downloads: 50

FS2004 Two Panels For The Hunter Prototypes. Two modified panels for the FS2004 Hunter prototypes by Dave Garwood. They include an aux panel and extra gauges; see ReadMe. File required is HUNTPAK1.ZIP. By Nick Tselepides

You can also find my other uploads by typing "Tselepides" in the searchbox.

Nick

Hello Nick, thank you very much for creating and sharing these panels of yours.

I have a large number of Hawker Hunter single seat aircraft in my 1/72 scale model collection so I particularly enjoy taking this type of aircraft for a tootle in FS2004. Dave Garwood's HUNTPAK1 is a particularly good rendition of the early variants of the Hawker Hunter and to have an enhanced and improved panel available for HUNTPAK1 will be well received by many within the FS2004 Community.

I look forward to seeing more of your panels after I have downloaded and fitted them to my aircraft. Thanks Again!

'On the day you finally think you have nothing more to learn in aviation ... Either leave or retire!'

flyingheavymetal,

Thanks for your feedback. More modded panels will follow for the rest of the Garwood Hunter marks.

I have also made many 1/72 Hunters--the original black Airfix one, the Frog kit, the Matchbox ones--single and two seater--and have glishiven the single-seater Matchbox decals from MODELDECAL (made by Dick Ward).

I also met Richard Ward and as he was a keen fisherman, we went out in the English Channel at 6 a.m. from a small port near Portsmouth just before Xmas day and fished until sunset. He caught cod and won the wager for the biggest fish caught and got 20 pounds--there were 6 other English fishermen on board sharing the bet for the biggest fish. My fingers froze all the time and I would go foreward to the cabin and warm them on a gas stove the skipper had for making tea. I have a photo of Dick on the boat with the fish he caught.

On Xmas eve I cooked a fancy 3-course meal--I was staying with an English lady in Portsmouth--and Dick came over as a guest of honour and we had a great time. The English cannot cook--Chinese and Pakistani restuarants saved us--we called and they brought food to the house.

Dick lived in nearby Fairford at the time. On that same trip I met English plastic modellers and also the sole surviving navigator of famous Halifax bomber named "Friday the 13th" who lived in the area--named Harold King..

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/121539716806

I made the single-seater Hunter with no 26 and red arrows on white roundel flankers.

See:

http://yorkshireairmuseum.org/latest-news/recalling-how-halifax-friday-the-13th-got-its-name/

and

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2592814/Lucky-World-War-2-bomber-named-Friday-13th-flew-successful-missions-celebrates-70th-anniversary.html

Cheers

hunter decals.jpg

firday the 13th.jpg

Nick, Hi and hope you are well.

Fascinating story - I too have kit-built a few 1/72 scale Hawker Hunters in my time with the last one being built just after the Shoreham Airshow tragedy in 2015. That kit was made by Modelcraft and built very nicely into an F6A. In the past I have built the Matchbox kit - both versions as well as the Novo (rebranded Frog kit) rendition of the F6A although I wasn't very impressed with the rudimentary detail of the latter!

Handley Page Halifax 'Friday The 13th' is another aircraft which I am familiar with as kept currently by the Yorkshire Air Museum at Elvington. But I seriously do not like what happened to the aircraft a few years ago now when one side of it was painted with French markings - I feel that this has rather vandalised it! Same went for when the BBMF Avro Lancaster PA474 used to be painted 'half and half' before this was replaced by the KC-A scheme which it currently wears. The old HW-R / QP-B scheme just looked plain daft in my opinion - it should have been painted fully as HW-R 'Phantom Of The Ruhr' ...

Not to hijack the thread or drift too far off topic though. I look forward to when you release the Hawker Hunter panels you say are in the pipeline for the more advanced HUNTPAKs. If anybody would like to see what many of these look like in real life they should visit the South Yorkshire Air Museum (Aeroventure) located at the former RAF Doncaster. This museum houses a large number of Hawker Hunter nose sections as well as a fully restored static F6A single seater.

'On the day you finally think you have nothing more to learn in aviation ... Either leave or retire!'

flyingheavymetal,

Thanks for your kind words.

I will soon start the other Hunter panels, though right now I am barking up the wrong tree as the wife is in hospital and I will wait till she comes home in 3 days... Nothing serious with her.

The Hunter was undoubtedly the most beautiful jet aircraft to ever serve in the RAF....

As the Mbx kit is not perfect, I will look for some newer, better kit.

Nick

Hello Nick, I hope you are well.

Try the 1/72 kit by Mister Craft (incorrectly mentioned as by Modelcraft - my bad there!) of the F6. I was pleased with the way this kit must not be a book judged by it's cover and built very nicely.

Have you ever seen the 1955 film High Flight which last time I looked somebody had posted on YouTube? It's about RAF Officer Cadet Winchester and his progression into what looks like 43 Squadron and it is a DH Vampire / Hawker Hunter fan's PARADISE! There are some spectacular air to air sequences featuring Hunters in formation about two thirds of the way through which also feature actual soundtrack as the manoeuvers are performed. Worth a look if you haven't seen this although I think it is partly meant to be a comedy.

Hope your Wife is OK after her hospital admission just recently. Last year I underwent a total of five hospital admissions with one thing or another one of which lasted for six weeks encompassing Xmas and New Year!

Archived