Missing Model

eaglen

This old, long time, :confused:simmer is seeking the BA Swallow model which was around circa 2010 ... would appreciate info on current situation.... or if some kind Simnastic could provide a Copy

Cheers

Can't send you copyrighted software of course. Even if it is published as freeware, there's still copyright.

But maybe someone knows the site that it is published on, for download. Are you looking for a specific model?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The BA Swallow II for FSX was put out by Paul Gaudsen. He had it at britsim site which closed down (ie: not available). But he has a site where he posts '3D' stuff. When you get there scroll down to 'My Sites', then to 'One Drive Dowloads'. You will find the zip 3rd row down (no picture, just title 'baswallowfsx.zip'. Also to the left is an (probably update) aircraft cfg for it. Here is link: https://decapod99.wordpress.com/category/work-in-progress/ .

If not try this direct link: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AMqVekHlY%5FxuBtg&id=6B528339820717E%21245&cid=06B528339820717E . Google is your friend.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

an ceide mille thankyous to my Google friend ... and to Chuck B ... Napamule !

your pointer quickly established the missing Swallow and now this Old Gent can join similar

Simmers in enjoying the delights of a more peaceful era.

Am impressed by yr kit technologicals ... bought Tristar recently ... will take me a fortnight to silence the 'horns'

much obliged Sir

Further to my previous ... apologies to Paul Gaudsen for not specifically thanking him for the Swallow model!

Though I have supported this hobby (since 1986) in buying the required Hardware/Software

upgrades ... there would be no hobby to support without these dedicated modellers, sound techs, scenery developers et al... so I wholeheartedly ... agree "the loudest shout for them"

Cheers

Glen

Glen,

You are very welcome. Just curious...where are you from and how old ('Old Gent') are you? I am 77 yrs old myself and am from California, USA. You came to the right place to get answers (from others not just me). Without this great site (and Google) where would we (all) be. Cheers.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Chuck Hi,

Born 1932 ...young man !

Live in Norfolk UK.

Belong a Flying Club based on Seething airfield which was a USAF operational Base WWII.

Still use part of the original Runway ... spooky remembering all your flyguys .... another great site ??

This hobby keeps us oldies "current" .... and connected thanks to those younger Simnasts

Enjoyed the exchange

Cheers

Glen

Yes. Here at FltSimCom. Search: 'Swallow'. By Kaz Ito, for FS2004. Also updated one for FSX by M. Pook. Both also over at Simviation.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: Glen, I was born in 1940. And I remember the 'war years' too.

Both also over at Simviation.

As I said, I'm looking for the BA Swallow, by Paul Gaudsen, NOT the FS2002/FS2004 DeHavilland DH.108 Swallow, by Kaz Ito.

Big difference, The B.K. Swallow, (prototype of the BA Swallow) first flew at Hanworth in November 1933.[2] It was an all-wooden cantilever monoplane, with tandem cockpits accommodating two persons, and was powered by a 75 hp (56 kW) Salmson 9 or 85 hp (63 kW) Pobjoy Cataract radial engine.

The DeHavilland DH.108 Swallow was a British experimental aircraft designed by John Carver Meadows Frost in October 1945. The DH 108 featured a tailless, swept wing with a single vertical stabilizer, closely resembling the layout of the wartime German Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet rocket-powered point-defense interceptor. Initially designed to evaluate swept wing handling characteristics at low and high subsonic speeds for the proposed early tailless design of the Comet airliner, three examples of the DH 108 were built to the Air Ministry specifications E.1/45 and E.11/45.

Nothing found in Simviation for the BK or BA Swallow.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Oh, ok. I know FS9 model was at BritSim site but they are gone. Did you try to install the FSX version into FS2004? I did not install the zip yet but will try it tomorrow and see if it works. Too busy with LeMans and Indy500 vehicles (and FSRecorder and videos) today. And I am not done yet. Just taking a break.

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived