Shouts 'Count'

napamule2

What's up with this 'SillyWilly' and his '8000 shouts' post? He was 2000 counts 4 days ago. Who can verify the claim, anyway and what purpose does it serve? I find is humourous but assanine.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

No different than the "post whores" you see on every site - within a year of registering they have 5000 posts, while respected, knowledgeable, people who've been there ten years or more may have 4000.

No different than the "post whores" you see on every site - within a year of registering they have 5000 posts, while respected, knowledgeable, people who've been there ten years or more may have 4000.

Hm, what does that make me ... or you, for that matter? :D

Personally, the most important statistic you can have at FlightSim.com, is whether you support the site or not.

Having a First Class Membership or Supporting Membership means that you have contributed to the hobby you enjoy. Just as important, is writing articles (reviews, tutorials, etc.) and uploading add-ons for others to enjoy

Downloading files and not contributing, is quite the opposite, which is why we encourage members to participate in any way they can :-)

Dominic

So where do all these 'shouts' appear then? I can't see any and I don't 'ignore' anyone! It may just be a glitch but this looks like some kind of spammer's hack to me.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

So where do all these 'shouts' appear then? I can't see any and I don't 'ignore' anyone! It may just be a glitch but this looks like some kind of spammer's hack to me.

Shouts appear in the "Shoutbox", which like me, you may have turned off in your settings.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Tiger,

The 'Shout' box will appear on the forum homepage if you have it selected........

Go to your account settings page. In the settings panel at the left of the page at the bottom is an entry for Shoutbox - click on the settings option. When the options page load the very first option is to turn it on or off.......Scroll to the bottom of the list to save changes

EDIT.....Damn :rolleyes: - Charlie and his wackamole win again !!!!! :D......EDIT END

Regards

Brian

I have the Shoutbox open fellas, that's how I saw these 10,000 shouts in less than a week - the next highest LIFETIME count is MrZippy on 2200!!

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have the Shoutbox open fellas, that's how I saw these 10,000 shouts in less than a week - the next highest LIFETIME count is MrZippy on 2200!!

SillyHat is a troll!

I just shouted: "avatar4178_4.gif RatRace has reached 1,3534 gazillion shouts" :D

Seems weird! I killed the shoutbox on it's first day on the site!

Beats me! Shoutbox must have some sort of "Autobot"??

Exactly, but our "SillyHat" friend found a way to mimick this automatic feature (not that it is that difficult). Hence all the confusion ... and amberdog1's request to Nels to remove this troll from the shoutbox.

I am the one that started this 'protest'....not amberdog1. Just saying.

What this guy was doing is equivalent to an idiot running over mail boxes, or trash bins, with his 4x4 truck. This is NOT 'contributing', as it isn't even 'funny', but it IS annoying. We don't need guys like that around here.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

..........I am the one that started this 'protest'....not amberdog1. Just saying............

Just saying...............If you took time to read the post by RatRace properly, you will see that he hasn't stated that Amberdog1 started the thread but the he has requested that Nels remove the troll's account........two totally separate things........

Regards

Brian

Personally, the most important statistic you can have at FlightSim.com, is whether you support the site or not.

Having a First Class Membership or Supporting Membership means that you have contributed to the hobby you enjoy. Just as important, is writing articles (reviews, tutorials, etc.) and uploading add-ons for others to enjoy

Downloading files and not contributing, is quite the opposite, which is why we encourage members to participate in any way they can :-)

Dominic

Excuse me, I think the thousands of dollars I have spent on the hobby over the years more then makes me a contributor. Just because I don't support a site that is so closely tied to a Flight Sim store like The Flight Sim pilot shop does not make me any less of a contributor then you to the hobby.

Excuse me, I think the thousands of dollars I have spent on the hobby over the years more then makes me a contributor. Just because I don't support a site that is so closely tied to a Flight Sim store like The Flight Sim pilot shop does not make me any less of a contributor then you to the hobby.

By that logic, because I have a drivers licence that gives me the right to park in YOUR driveway any time and for as long as I like? Grow up man.

By that logic, because I have a drivers license that gives me the right to park in YOUR driveway any time and for as long as I like? Grow up man.

+1 So if this site has to go out of business because of lack of supporting members, where are you going for help when your thousands of dollars worth of stuff no longer works correctly? You kind of sound like another chap that spends 60 quid a week on gummy bears and cream tarts and was reluctant to support this site. He did, finally, cave in.

A big +1 to the comments made by Tiger and Zippy....

Contributing to the hobby by spending thousands on products is totally different from making a small contribution to a website that gives you access to products and advice.

The cost of contributing (at the lowest yearly available option) is small and equivalent each month to about USD 1.60/GBP 1.30/Eur 1.40, - less than the average price of a cup of coffee.....

Regards

Brian

Archived