Using ASE offline?

Max50

I have ActiveSky Evolution and would like to know if it's possible to download say a days world weather while online and then use that download while offline?

The reason I ask is I will be carer for my mother 2 days a week. While at her house I will have no internet access on my laptop which I would use for FS. I was hoping I could maybe download weather from my home while I have internet and then use it when I go over to my mothers house.

If ASE can't do it is it possible with any other weather program?

I don't have ASE but it's a common feature of all WX add-ons to have a 'Save downloaded weather' button somewhere, or a Save option in the File pull-down menu.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Download the weather you want. (You do not need to run FS). When ALL of the processing is done and the function icons at the top of the screen go active notice there is a save and open icon. In your setup I believe you can assign a folder. Press the save button and a .wx file will be created of the current situation (snapshot) which can be loaded with the open button at another time.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks very much gents. I'm no expert on how the weather works in FS or ASE for that matter so didn't really know if it could be done. I'll take your advice and save a weather file and then try and load it offline. Very pleased to read it can be done!

I saved a weather file in ASE but hit a problem. I blocked it with my firewall and when I tried to launch ASE it just keeps trying to connect to the server. All the buttons allowing you to do anything are greyed out so it's not possible to load your saved file.

ASE connects to its designated server when you start to initialize it. It gets real world weather. Don't block it in your firewall. Let it do its thing and then load your saved file.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASE connects to its designated server when you start to initialize it. It gets real world weather. Don't block it in your firewall. Let it do its thing and then load your saved file.

Yes, I'm aware it requires the internet to get real world weather. I blocked it as I was testing to see what happens if it doesn't have internet. While I'm at my mothers house it won't have internet so it won't function and the buttons will be greyed out. I won't be able to load any saved files while at my mothers house.

Archived