Flight World MMO

Bo Granger

I have been into Flight Sim since my Timex Sinclair 1000 Flight Sim which was nothing more than a white line that you lined up, descended, and approached and it slowly became a runway. The main reason for this post is the hope that a developer or publisher decides to make a flight world that offers a lot more than just great flying.

How about a flight world where you start in a small beginner plane (Piper, etc.) and work your way up. Taking small jobs and gradually expanding. The game would have realistic features like breakdowns and repairs. Here is a list of features that would be fun.

- Equipment up keep and breakdowns (the better you care for your plane(s), the less problems.)

- Long and short distance missions: mail, cargo hauling, tours, rescues, crimes (with consequences if caught)

- Able to buy and run a small or medium airport. Hire other players as pilots to handle runs and missions.

- Keep stock of parts, fuel, oil, hydraulics, etc.

- Operate in different environments with the environmental effects on flight operations (i.e., cold, heat, storms, etc.)

- Emergency and costly recovery available if you crash or have to make emergency landings.

I am not a game dev, but have played flight sims and space sims for years. The one thing that keeps space sim folks coming back is the able to venture out, survive, prosper, fail, but success is based on hard work and determination.

I think it would be a game that you would be willing to spend hours in flying and growing from the experiences.

My dream game!

Air Hauler is good, I used it on FS2004, now I've just started afresh on FSX.

I have started small and working my way in to building a cargo company, some jobs are not paying too well so it isn't like making lots of money quick.

I started with a Learjet but I sold it straight away and leased a Cessna, I did this on purpose so I could start small and sometimes struggle to make a go of it, then it is more of a challenge.

Archived