Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trouble Downloading and Installing Scenery from FSPilotShop.com

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by firehawk936 View Post
    Hey guys, sorry I never got back to you. A lot of personal and family stuff i had to put my focus on, and still am.

Yeah i would figure the same thing. But whenever i do, it just says that error: "can not open as an archive".

Wouldnt this fall more under the support of FSPilotshop or Real World Scenery, rather than 7-zip though? I mean, I could give it a try....
    If you are double clicking on the .exe and you get that error then it's something with the current version of 7Z you have or your computer. Actually, wouldn't have anything to do with 7Z. It's a self-extracting archive. YOu don't need 7Z to open a 7Z .exe. Just double click it.

My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Yes guys I have tried to run the .exe that the downloads came with multiple times, and when that is ran, it extracts to an actual .7z folder. But when i try to open the folder or extract from it again, it just gives me an error saying "can not open as an archive", and the other error for extracting says "unexpected end of data.".

It could be 7-zip being outdated and therefore not running the .exe properly. But that doesnt seem like a feasible cause, because why would FSPilotShop send a 7-zip executable with the downloads, yet still require the 7-zip already installed on my computer to remain updated in order to work?
    It could be something wrong with my computer too, but I dont even know where to begin looking for something like that.... man, this thing is throwing me through some loops lol
    17" 1920x1080 Laptop Display | Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (FSX) | NVIDIA GTX 860M (P3D v4) | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @2.80GHz

3. Default

It wouldn't matter if you had 7Z installed or not since this is a self-extracting .exe. I think you have a computer issue or perhaps FSPilotShop used a very old 7Z to archive the files.

My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2