What is the best software package for a 737 sim?

Ohio737

Hello there,

So As I am fleshing out the plans for my 737NG cockpit, Im trying to narrow down the best software package to run the setup..

Ive asked around some say FSX is good some say stay away from it etc.

What I want my sim to do...

Provide the most realistic view on the screens, realistic flight controls and sounds, AI and real person ATC, and the ability to sim with other pilots in realtime..

Here is the list that I have so far based on reading.. I would like for you all to educate me on whats good and whats bad and fill in the gaps

I will have 2 decent computers to run the sim..

Prosim737 -> Is this the actual flight sim ?

Project Magenta -> was recommended for sounds

Prepar3d -> was recommended but not exactly sure what it does. its a lockhead martin stuff

FSUIPC, -> used for programming I/O for the MIP, Overheads, MCU etc

Please help me fill this in..

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X: Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON : 16GB DDR4 3000MHz:

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 TI graphics card.

Ok, You will need a base simulator program. For this the choices are currently FSX , Prepar3d (which is basically an upgraded version of FSX and in its latest incarnation is a 64 bit program) , X Plane 11, or Flightsim World. For what you are proposing most would recommend Prepar3d although I am not sure that FSUIPC has been released on 64 bit yet but I might be wrong. You need to check this otherwise you will run into problems mapping your controls.

Although these base sim programs come with aircraft a third party add on aircraft such as Prosim737 will have more buttons and switches etc modelled so you will probably need this if you intend to have all if your controls actually working. A lot use I believe the PMDG 737 as the add on aircraft.

You will probably need some add on scenery too which will enhance the ground scenery.

Then there are add on weather programs such as Active Sky you may wish to look at.

Basically I could go forever recommending add on programs to enhance the basic sim package but it all depends on budget and personal taste.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info.

While PMDG 737 is a bit cheaper then prosim, seemingly pmdg is alot more challenging to program actual knobs and switches vs prosim which based on my MIP and MCP from CP Flight is pretty much plug and play. Also Prosim offers the most intuitive interface to setup up the MIP screens with the gauges.

The software is expensive but it seems worth it to save alot of hassle. Figure FSX, prosim RAAS, vatsim, and some add on for the scenery should just about cover it.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X: Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON : 16GB DDR4 3000MHz:

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 TI graphics card.

• 1 month later...

Hi i would like to commend on this to.

I do have a Reasonable PC. CPU 4770K, GPU gtx 680 Ti, 16 GB memory, most of my sliders in FSX are max.

I do have FSX with prosim737, ORBX, aerosoft airports, REX, VOXATC.

Using pmdg and at EHAM or a other Aerosoft airport i had very low FPS. Now that i use Prosim my FPS improved alot.

So just keep checking.

regards,

Henri

Archived