Airports Crash Game

AidenMillar

Hi Everyone,

Recently I've been having this problem with my FS2004 where whenever I fly into an Airport with large amounts of A.I Traffic (ATL, JNB, JFK, LAX) during the day time, FS2004 always crashes whenever I begin my descent into that airport. I'm wondering if anyone knows why the game is crashing and what can be done to fix this? I know that it can't be a RAM issue because I just bought brand new RAM (6GB) yesterday.

Sincerely,

Aiden Millar

It's likely to be a missing or corrupt Ai aircraft texture, see this thread for a few tips:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?290388-FS9-Crash-due-to-AI

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Maybe it's the last thing you installed - or deleted - before these CTD's started?

Is there a particular sound or effect which normally runs during approach that could be missing or corrupted somehow?

Does this only happen with a particular aircraft, or with any plane?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Try also using the default FS9 scenery.cfg file (copy/move yours to the desktop or wherever first, of course, and then use the 'clean' one from the FS9 CD-ROM. (The default is from [General] to [Area.037] - you can just use notepad to remove all other areas and save that file to the main FS9 folder). If the crashes stop, then an addon you recently installed is the problem.

If not, it could be that an addon has altered files in the FS2004/scenery folder somewhere...

Archived