My plane will just not stop taxiing

I have an add-on for the Bombardier Q400, but whenever I taxi in it, it always moves forward at virtually V1 speed, even when the throttle is at 0% thrust. I've tried fixing the CFG file to see if the plane would remain stationary when the throttle was idle, but it continues to taxi, and now it also moves forward when the thrust reversers are deployed. This is becoming a major annoyance, as I cannot seem to find any way to keep it from continually taxiing, despite all the crap I went through. :mad: HELP ME!

OK, I fixed the throttle thing, but now I'm right back to where I started on my original problem. My Q400 taxis faster than normal when it's at low throttle power and I want to make it so that it taxis like the default aircraft. So my next question here is what, on the aircraft.cfg file, do I have to edit to set a certain speed that the plane can start taxiing?

Is it the Premier Aircraft Design Q400? I used to have their Q400 (I switched only to GA and glider planes now) and if I remember right the throttles at idle had a tad bit of power so you can taxi without any throttle movement, just tap the brakes if you start rolling too fast. But IDK, you might have a different Q400, as you didn't clarify who made your Q400.

I downloaded this Q400 addon from simviation.com. Yeah, it says the original design is PAD. I downloaded the multipack with Flybe, Horizon, and Qantas liveries.

This is way easier.....http://simviation.com/simviation/?ID=61&page=34&mark=8330 (last download on the page!)

Downloading and installing to test.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

This is way easier.....http://simviation.com/simviation/?ID=61&page=34&mark=8330 (last download on the page!)

Downloading and installing to test.

I notice the Simviation version is dated 2010, the version on Premaircraft's own website was updated in Feb 2016 with new FDE's, which could save you a lot of hassle:

http://www.premaircraft.com/DHC8-Q400/dhc8-q400_x.zip

Edit: The 2016 model taxi's OK, IF you pull the mixture levers back to 15% and nudge the throttles up to 5% she'll roll slowly up to 17-18kts groundspeed and stay there. Don't forget to set the mixture levers back to 100% before take-off!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I did notice that it was difficult to stop using the brakes. the entry in the aircraft.cfg is

[brakes]

parking_brake =1

toe_brakes_scale =1.06253 ( I always thought 1.000 was the highest, well maybe 2.000))

auto_brakes=0

hydraulic_system_scalar=0.00000

differential_braking_scale=0.00000

My next thought was that the conditioning levers are in the right position after startup. If set any lower that will shut off the engines, any higher and you will taxi faster. My next thought (I get so few!) is to somehow add feather to the props, like what happens when you use reverse thrust (holding down F2 key). Auto feather and prop feathering is active in the aircraft.cfg. I added a joystick button for prop feather, but that didn't seem to affect anything. Work in progress!

Edit: The 2016 model taxi's OK, IF you pull the mixture levers back to 15% and nudge the throttles up to 5% she'll roll slowly up to 17-18kts groundspeed and stay there. Don't forget to set the mixture levers back to 100% before take-off!

MIXTURE levers....THROTTLES on a turboprop?? ACK!

Haha! I know, but that's what the tooltip labels say, so I've gone with it to avoid confusion (I hope!).

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Haha! I know, but that's what the tooltip labels say, so I've gone with it to avoid confusion (I hope!).

Just givin' ya a hard time, tiger! I was looking through the aircraft.cfg on that download and notice that thrust reverse was eliminated.

Sounds like the start of a new project to me - I downloaded the PAD Jetstream 31 in 2012 and noticed something like that - ended up taking 3 years on and off to put it 'right'!

I found this option in the 2D cockpit worked fine for taxi speed and for stopping in a short distance. The VC remains unchanged. Notice the prop levers are fully feathered for taxi and can be adjusted full up for takeoff thrust.

Q400 2D.JPG

Archived