Flight imagery

jandjfrench

Hi,

Here are a couple of screenshots of the northern California coast featuring FSX scenery converted for use in FS Flight using Stonelance's conversion tool.

2017-7-3_14-12-49-427.jpg

2017-7-3_14-13-5-848.jpg

I was hoping that FSW would have comparable wave simulation but it seems they've retained those rather goofy looking animated waves of FSX.

Jim F.

Hi,

Sorry for the typo; I meant MS Flight. Hope I didn't confuse anyone. Although commercial development has been cancelled there has been progress by talented hobbyists. If anyone is interested a lot of info is available in forums at Avsim and FS Developer. I tried to download the freeware version from http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9800616 but as a previous owner I was recognized so I'm not sure what someone who was new to MS Flight would experience. I've been led to believe that the freeware version along with Stonelance's Toolkit allows anyone to experience the full version of Flight as it was available along with the full world of converted FSX scenery.

Jim F.

Hi Jim,

I clicked on the link and got a 628 kb file saved to downloads. I guess it's a online installer operation? I don't intend on running it right now anyway. Just wanted to let you know that the link worked.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 1 month later...
I downloaded the toolkit to downloads and ran it. It seemed to install ok but my MSFLIGHT wouldn't come up any more. I uninstalled it, rebooted, and MSFLIGHT came up again. I guess I need installation instructions. I would like to load the FSX scenery in MSFLIGHT. Any suggestions?

Archived