Yes, it's here! It was a LOT more work than I've initially thought. But it's done. :)

Trees reacting to nature (Half Moon Bay) (please watch in full screen, low framerate is due to video capturing, see info below):

Captured on a GTX 780 in X-plane 11. Low framerate is a combination of the capturing process and Reshade running (which looks great so I leave it on).

Average framerate breakdown (sliders maxed, except reflections, measured in good weather):

no custom airport (default scenery): 40 fps

custom airport with no grass: 36 fps

custom airport with medium grass: 30 fps

custom airport with full grass: 22 fps

This can also give you a point to measure against.

As you can see, the amount of grass greatly affects performance, this is why the final product will have options ranging from full-to zero, and in between.

Strangely enough the trees don't seem to drop the performance, except when you move the free camera close (closer then you would normally be with your aircraft at any point).

This is just a raw video showing performance with medium amount of grass (I still get about 5 fps penality due to shadowplay).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have your own hangar!

https://www.facebook.com/RisingDawnStudiosSoftware/

Looking good!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

• 3 years later...