Thread: DC3 Airways Announces Event Sept 30 and Oct 7

Cool DC3 Airways Announces Event Sept 30 and Oct 7

Hello All,

Just received a heads up from Glen Broome (DCA996) at DC3 Airways, that they will be hosting a reenactment of Operation Market Garden on 2 consecutive Saturdays .... Sept 30 and Oct 7 ... all are invited.

Time of day to be announced later ... usually around midday Eastern.

Fair warning to save these dates for now .... many details to follow.

A couple of youtube vids here to wet the whistle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lyempeZesE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXLXc7RZC7o

Glen mentioned that DCA will be utilizing JoinFS in conjunction with their FSINN server.

This will allow an alternate hook for those that have experienced difficulty in the past and it opens the door for P3D flyers as well as FSX and FS9.

DCA's events always include scenery downloads as well as aircraft and effects.

Details to access are forthcoming.

FSRecorder will be in use during the entire event .... files will be provided.

Grab the latest stable version for your sim of choice here

For now I'm assuming P3D pilots would use the FSX version.

Make no FSR settings changes at this time .... instructions to follow.

More details and info as well to follow soon ... est. 2-3 weeks ... so get your favorite DC3 ready to go ... default, freeware, payware.

Cheers,
    Last edited by salt_air; 08-12-2017 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Original dates pushed back
    salt_air

Extensive flight planning is the key to proper operation.

I participated in this event with them a couple years ago. It was a great deal of fun, and really put my DC3 skills to the test.
    Really a fun time doing a lot of formation work, with all the usual DCAirlines people. A great bunch of folks, and very friendly and helpful.
    Fantastic scenery, AI planes, and so on.
    If I could, I would be knee-deep in this years event too.
    Have fun all!
    Pat☺

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!
    Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now

Although this is by no means an official announcement, I do extend the invitation to any who'd like to participate. Our private servers will be modified to allow pilots to join and enjoy the event, including our FSD servers and TeamSpeak 3 servers. Look for details later. Most of our pilots use the Manfred Jahn aircraft on the FSX/P3D side, and the Heinz DC-3 on the X-Plane side (a MAJOR update to that aircraft, thanks to some in-house talent, is coming soon). KEEP IN MIND; JoinFS and FSRecorder are not compatible with X-Plane, so the massive formations of goonies will not be seen by X-Plane pilots, but it is still a great time to be had! If you have questions, feel free to email or PM me or the master of ceremonies 0996 Glen Broome, assuming he has an account here. If not, I can forward to him.

DCA0309 Andy Hatcher
    President
    DC-3 Airways
    www.dc3airways.com

Cool

Thanks Andy !,

Yeah... and welcome to the forum.

Glen is and has been a member here for quite a while now ... a long time friend.

Thanks for all of the additional info (particularly on the Heinz DC-3).

Several of us have participated in past events that Glen has graciously hosted.

We all know to follow his lead and expect to be a part of some of the greatest online events known.

As a multi website, long time (online) simmer, and a small part of DC3 Airways (DCA1762) I'd like to say Congratulations on your promotion !

Norm Hancock will always remain a personal mentor and hero (especially to me) in this fine community.

I actually can't think of a better candidate to even try to full his shoes ... no stranger to your excellent contributions as well.

Always look to FlightSim as a respectful, appreciative, and eager supporter of any and all that DCA would share with our great hobby.

All the best yo ya mate!
    salt_air

Latest update on status re the 2 session Market Garden event hosted by DC3 Airways on 30th September and 7th October .

Aircraft and airfields ready
    scenery for flak and NDB's and marker ships ready
    smoke on DZ's ready
    effects for paratroops and results of flak hits on aircraft etc. now ready.

Phases 1 to 3 (of 4) of recorded flights on FS Recorder now completed.

I am working on a promo video and will then complete phase 4.

All routing information now available.

3 DCA pilots have been set up with the above to date and have flight tested all aspects and seems to work well.

Will soon be getting a web site sorted out with the downloads.

Austin I will email you details for folders tobe created and I will email you in stages the various files.

Is there anywhere they can be uploaded on the forums?
    Last edited by salt_air; 08-12-2017 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Date change

Cool

Hi Glen,

Thanks for the update!

You can upload files to the library here .... may have to use a FTP Client if your browser won't set up right.

Pull down the Library Tab above and click upload, then just follow the instructions.

However, I like the idea of having to go and get the files from the host .... separates the curious from the serious.

Folks will do fine retrieving from DCA and following install instructions included ... the build is a big part of the event to me.

We get back ten fold for the effort it takes to prepare.

You have enough on your plate for now ... They can always post here or PM if any help is required.

Speak soon,
    salt_air

Austin - I sent you an email but as yet no reply. Is your email different now> Can you email me to confirm receipt please.

Thanks.

While I have your attention, what is the IP address of the Flightsim.com TS3 server?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DCA996 View Post
    Austin - I sent you an email but as yet no reply. Is your email different now> Can you email me to confirm receipt please.

Thanks.

While I have your attention, what is the IP address of the Flightsim.com TS3 server?

Yeah .... been away for a bit, sorry mate.

I'll get after email(s) today .... there are no TS3 or FSHost servers at this time.

I have been "shopping" some other platforms for each service and will announce replacements as they become available.

Cheers,
    salt_air

This event is now delayed to 30th September and 7th October due to holiday commitments.

All is almost ready and the website links will soon be available where you can get the scenery etc..