New planes from Carandro for P3d V4 I was suprised

deansalman

So I just found out that a plane I ordered from carandro Premier IA is NOW working with v4. Be nice if they have sent me a email it was out. I am now check the others, Good news either way

They do send out emails on the V4 update schedule. Check spam folder. Be aware it's an updated installer and NOT a modified-in-anyway model, so if there are issues and problems, they WILL be carried forward to the new sim.

I'm very disappointed they haven't used the update as an opportunity to make fixes and modifications based on feedback that they acknowledged through their notification system. At least not on any of the modded aircraft I've seen or tested thus far.

Makes their support seem pointless; us actually offering items for correction a waste of our time; and looks like a `money grab` for new adopters of P3D.

Caveat Emptor, as they don't say in Chile

They do send out emails on the V4 update schedule. Check spam folder. Be aware it's an updated installer and NOT a modified-in-anyway model, so if there are issues and problems, they WILL be carried forward to the new sim.

I'm very disappointed they haven't used the update as an opportunity to make fixes and modifications based on feedback that they acknowledged through their notification system. At least not on any of the modded aircraft I've seen or tested thus far.

Makes their support seem pointless; us actually offering items for correction a waste of our time; and looks like a `money grab` for new adopters of P3D.

Caveat Emptor, as they don't say in Chile

Spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Yes I found a few problems with some of the aircraft they make. The Premier IA Main display just flashes. They said you just load another aircraft and start it. Once the display is on that plane, then switch back to the Premier IA. Kind of a dumb response. I know it is a V4 problem because it worked fine in P3D v3.4

Yes I found a few problems with some of the aircraft they make. The Premier IA Main display just flashes. They said you just load another aircraft and start it. Once the display is on that plane, then switch back to the Premier IA. Kind of a dumb response. I know it is a V4 problem because it worked fine in P3D v3.4

I have long since learned to expect anything from Carenado is simply to court disappointment.

Pretty-as-a-picture chocolate teapots are their metier.

I agree!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

The Premier IA Main display just flashes when using engine auto start or from joystick button control. It will work only if you use there ready for Taxi or the virtual cockpit, but that is the only way. Does not sound like the will change this. Oh well

The Premier IA Main display just flashes when using engine auto start or from joystick button control. It will work only if you use there ready for Taxi or the virtual cockpit, but that is the only way. Does not sound like the will change this. Oh well

FWIW it's exactly the same with the brand spankers Turbo Commander 690B - they can't seem to make up their minds what it is equipped with -5 or -10 engines. Visually, it's a -10, performance-wise it's a -5.

In neither case is the performance even remotely accurate.

There are at least 10 `no go` items that are wrong or faulty in the airplane that, if they ACTUALLY had testers who knew the real aircraft, would never have allowed to get through beta without correction.

Jeez, did they learn NOTHING from the farcical TPE331 simulation on the Dornier?

As usual, consumers get a half-baked, half-finished systems model, then have to rely on the goodwill of the developer to actually do the job properly before they move on to the next visually stunning but commercially-corrupt proposition.

Attention span measured in weeks, not months.

Customer consideration measured as: "We got your money, Naff off!"

On that basis I'd say your're Premier is now forgotten about, unless the consumer base can offer unofficial help.

I still say the best thing this team could do is contract supply visual models to real developers. The Carenado 182 is a darn sight better visually than the A2A offering, but it's that `chocolate teapot` in terms of system fidelity. Surely developers could see how collaboration at a contractual level could benefit faster production schedules..?

I agree

I am using the A2A C172 as a trainer in conjunction with the pilot course I am doing. Is the Carendado C182 more actuate than the A2A C172.

Visually, it's better, although the A2A 182 and Carenado 182 is a better comparision - or the Carenado 172's in various `flavours` with the A2A 172.

For everything else: You made the right choice - not least in terms of fidelity, product support and ongoing updates ! I fly a real 172R of similar vintage to the A2A bird and it's true enough for my liking!

Had a fuse pop in the real plane the other week, for a fraction of a second instinctively went looking for the mouse...:rolleyes:

Had a fuse pop in the real plane the other week, for a fraction of a second instinctively went looking for the mouse...:rolleyes:

Don't you have a "P" key? :)

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Don't you have a "P" key? :)

You don't want to know how often I've pressed rather than twisted the barometer button. :rolleyes:

But come to think of it, why can't Garmin et al incorporate an autosetting button... just like our beloved sim?

Archived