To P3D or not

Mowgli22

Hi, Just got a new PC leaving FS9 and FSX for good finally. I've looked at the recommended requirements for P3Dv4 and think i'm alright. Would you all suggest to try it with what i have, I see they have a 60 day refund policy. Specs in signature, forgot to add have a 250GB SSD with 155 GB left on it, and Two 1TB HDD Drives.
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

You should have no problems running any FS with that setup. But why 'leave FSX for good'? It runs real nice on win10 too. Keep it, and get the apple-of-your-eye bright and shiny FS. These are good times.

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.

As others have said, you have more than enough hardware to run P3d, your disk space on the SSD is more than enough unless you plan on getting lots of large scenery files like ORBX or MegaScenery.

For the foreseeable future I see having P3D4, P3D3, FSX, FS9 and XP on my flight sim machine, different add ons need different platforms.

My system's relatively mediocre -- i5 6600 3.3Ghz Turbo, nVidia 970, 16 gig RAM -- and runs smoothly with few poppings. The visuals are dramatically better than FSX -- more detailed, spacious, vivid, alive ... and the shadows, cockpit, external and landscape, add a great deal to the immersiveness.

I still have FSX up and running, but hardly go there -- to my eyes it now seems relatively flat, schematic. Just the same as when shifting to FSX from FS9, but much more so now ... !

Archived