Locked spot view with Aerosoft Airbus

GridNorth

Aerosoft Airbus re-assigns buttons and keys according to it's own logic. I don't have a problem with that but I seem to no longer be able to access the "locked spot" view other than by selecting Views from the menu bar. Does anyone know a work around? I would like to assign a spare key or button to this function.

Al

Easy. It's 'F11'. You should get the FSX commands: 'fsxcmds.zip, 1.98 mb, by Radarman. the whole set of commands prints out on one page. Keep it handy. Saved me a lot of time looking for key assignments.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Well it's not that easy !!! F11 gives me a view of the pedestal from the Co-pilots view point probably because, as I have already stated, Aerosoft re-assign some of the default assignments.

Al

Can you restore defaults to the control buttons? Or is that a no-no with Aerosoft products?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I think you can by editing the config file but it's all a bit long winded and then you lose easy access to things like the overhead panel which Aerosoft have created. Problem is I have keys assigned in the FSX, options, settings, buttons and keys assignment page which in my experience sometimes conflicts with those assigned in FSUIPC and now, apparently, Aerosoft airbus.

I would like to assign ALL keys via FSUIPC but I can't always find the corresponding command as FSUIPC refers to some things differently than FSX.

Aerosoft seem to have hi-jacked the camera views which I can cope with but there does not appear to be a corresponding "locked spot view". Camera 0 is a view over the left wing. I wouldn't have thought that the "locked spot view" was one of the specific camera views. The only way I can access the "spot view" is via the Menu-select views option.

If you press the the S button this will cycle through to 'spot' but not locked spot, but in my bus i can't tell the difference. You can then map the s to a button on the joy stick. shift+s cycles back through the views so might want to also map that combination to another key.

That helps but I really want to jump to one specific view without having to cycle through those several. There also appear to be something unusual happening with the top down view which by default maps to F12. That is also causing me problems.

Al

I modified the 'spot' view in 'cameras.cfg' (user/roaming/..) to be 'locked / fixed' as I have no use for view with transition. Is it 'locked' spot? No. But it's close. View 003 is the 'Spot' view. View 004 is 'Locked Spot' view. Perhaps these info might give you ideas as how to get the 'effect' of locked spot view. I don't use FSUIPC for views so can't help there.

Chuck B

Napamule

[CameraDefinition.003]

Title = Spot //FIXED VIEW MOD

Guid = {BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00D}

Description = This is the description of the spot view.

Origin = Center

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel //Change to '=None' to have a "fixed" view

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = FixedChase //Change to '=None' to have a "locked" view

ShowAxis = No

AllowZoom = Yes

InitialZoom = 1.0

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = FALSE

Transition = No

ShowLensFlare=TRUE

Category = Outside

ClipMode = Spot

PitchPanRate=30

HeadingPanRate=85

PanAcceleratorTime=0

HotKeySelect=3

External cameras have the ability to track a user or AI object. The Track= parameter controls

this behavior:

• None – No tracking behavior. User has manual control over the camera.

• FlyBy – Fly-by mode; the camera is positioned away from the user aircraft (at a location

given by ChaseDistance, ChaseAltitude and ChaseHeading values) and tracks the aircraft

for ChaseTime seconds before computing a new position.

• Track – Camera tracks the object while maintaining its position (similar to Tower view in

prior versions of Flight Simulator).

• TrackBank – Camera tracks the object while maintaining its position (similar to Tower view

in prior versions of Flight Simulator).

• FlatChase – Camera moves with the object, maintaining a fixed distance from it (similar to

Spot view in prior versions of Flight Simulator). Camera movements are dampened.

• FlatChaseLocked – Camera moves with the object, maintaining a fixed distance from it

(similar to Spot view in prior versions of Flight Simulator). Camera movements are rigid.

The snappbhadjust= settings control how camera movement is handled when the camera

system receives a view pan or “snap to” command.

• None – Commands are ignored (position remains fixed).

• Ordinal – Camera moves to the next ordinal compass position in the direction of the

command (similar to the standard “snap” 2D cockpit view in Flight Simulator 2004).

• Swivel – Camera moves incrementally in the direction of the command (similar to panning

virtual cockpit and spot plane views in Flight Simulator 2004).

• Orthogonal – Camera rotates in the direction of the command (used in top-down view)

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived