Orbx doubt on FSX SE

kiri

Hi: I just bought ORBX Global and install it. On the other hand I have several flights that were saved for later use. Whenever I use one of them am I supose to have the new OEBX scenery showing or it will show the old scenery at the moment the flight was saved?

Thanks, kiri

Quite simply (maybe you've tried it by now -- can't hurt), if the flight is in territory covered by ORBX, you'll see ORBX scenery. In any case, the saved flight will show the same scenery in the relevant area as you'd see if you flew that area without a saved flight.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks Larry for your help. It seems that the rest of the responses are from failed or unsuccessufl "teachers" that didnt understand that one of the objectives of this forum is to HELP.

kiri.

Or perhaps they were of the "teach a man to fish" school. You certainly could have tried it without any problems. But you might think about how FS works (in a very general way), recognizing that a saved flight doesn't save scenery (that would be a prohibitive use of resources, among other problems), or even an airplane -- it just saves pointers to the conditions/locations at the time of the saved flight.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

That is one of the things one should learn when it comes to FSX: TOUCH EVERYTHING! Go to all the menu items, explore everything, try things. You can't hurt your sim by LOOKING. And there is a lot to look at and tons to learn. Got a year? Or two? And that is not counting any 3rd party addons, etc. But we are here for you - we got your back - enjoy your sim.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Greetings All,

Kiri there are two minor issues to keep in mind.

1st, many of the stock airports are incorrectly placed, so you may wind up "off airport" if you have saved a flight at an airport that was corrected by the OrbX team.

2nd, when they corrected the airport locations, the Orbx team occasionally re-did the parking areas, so GA small #1 might not be in the same place spot as on the default airport.

Respectfully,

Brian

Thanks Larry for your help. It seems that the rest of the responses are from failed or unsuccessufl "teachers" that didnt understand that one of the objectives of this forum is to HELP.

kiri.

You learn by doing! If you waste as much time with each new little thing you do, then you won't get much flying done. It would be more appropriate if you ask a question you actually can't answer yourself.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived