A customizable hangar

Half Moon Bay Airport (on the US West coast in California) is in the works for XP11.

One of the highlights will be a customizeable hangar, which you repaint, decorate, change the light fixtures, clean up, and God knows what else (we are still thinking of stuff). :cool:

So, chilling in the hangar:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/06/26/hangar.md.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have your own hangar!

https://www.facebook.com/RisingDawnStudiosSoftware/

Looks great!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Yes, need to keep the beer cold! ;)

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Wow, that's great! Hayward is just across the bay! :) Doing PPL is on my bucket list too, just a bit too expensive, as you are probably also familiar with the prices... :) Not to mention finding a good flight school!

If you ever fly (for real), check out the new Apple headquarters from the air, it looks great!

Have you ever played Flight Unlimited II (1998)? That game was focusing on the Bay Area, and this upcoming airport is a tribute to that sim, with some 'treasure hunting' hidden details referring to Flight Unlimited II.

Great video with the CRJ-200 :)

And here is a quick one with the just completed southern hangars:

34880865754_65f6721400_o.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have your own hangar!

Wow, that's great! Hayward is just across the bay! :) Doing PPL is on my bucket list too, just a bit too expensive, as you are probably also familiar with the prices... :) Not to mention finding a good flight school!

If you ever fly (for real), check out the new Apple headquarters from the air, it looks great!

Have you ever played Flight Unlimited II (1998)? That game was focusing on the Bay Area, and this upcoming airport is a tribute to that sim, with some 'treasure hunting' hidden details referring to Flight Unlimited II.

Great video with the CRJ-200 :)

And here is a quick one with the just completed southern hangars:

34880865754_65f6721400_o.jpg

Whoa! Did you just say flight unlimited lol! That is super old school. Sadly, back in the day I only had FSX and a crappy Logitech joystick! I can't wait to see this new airport. I can definitely fly into it when it's done Here is a video of me flying into the stock KHAF with the 208. Thank you for your feedback on the CRJ video! Cheers!

Thanks! The airport layout on your video thumbnail immediately set off this 'wait, this look familiar' feeling. Of course it is, I'm looking at it every day :) Hopefully this addon will make your approaches and flights more enjoyable. And you can have a second home apart from Hayward, which you can also customize. :)

I wanted to mention: I've heard good comments about Pilotedge, it can help you get used to real ATC (I've heard the ONE of the biggest differences between sim and real flying is the added stress of ATC) - since you are looking to get your license, it might be helpful.

Anyway, back to the things at hand, some shots of the custom made taxiway signs, with added ground illumination (a real immersion plus for night / early morning departures):

35604005132_5f864dd1c2_o.jpg

35732761086_0f514b6b82_o.jpg

35604004992_053c67d48e_o.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have your own hangar!

Very cool feature!

Okay, these photos were taken from more favorable angles, but still, straight from the sim (magic of Reshade and XP 11 night lighting, where everything look awesome at dusk)... :)

And this is for thirsty aircraft: the big filler tank in front of the terminal

35820509345_799f2aceed_o.jpg

35820509015_38992a6d07_o.jpg

35820508265_1aaeba63eb_o.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have your own hangar!

The rust on the tank looks great!

Agree with Pug! I can't wait to fly into & out of this scenery!

Thanks guys :)

It's still some times to go (although it should be out before the end of the summer), but Rome wasn't built in a day, either. I'm working on some lesser prominent objects at the moment, like this little stash from Uncle Sam. They may be less prominent, but still add extra life to the airport.

35466290240_13d1c507a7_o.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have your own hangar!

Thanks guys :)

It's still some times to go (although it should be out before the end of the summer), but Rome wasn't built in a day, either. I'm working on some lesser prominent objects at the moment, like this little stash from Uncle Sam. They may be less prominent, but still add extra life to the airport.

35466290240_13d1c507a7_o.jpg

Lol! Okay so I'm expecting this thing to be built better than Rome!? Awesome stills SuSu!

One of the customization options for the user's hangar: choose between old style lighbulbs (great for the stick-and-rudder and VOR navigator-types), or modern light tubes (for GPS-glass cockpit lovers) :) Makes those night flights more personal!

I'll take the bulbs anytime, but ... will there also be an option to install LED multi-color Christmas lights? :cool:

Seriously, you are really outdoing yourself. :eek:

Thanks you :) Well, it's better be good if it it's a payware option, otherwise no one would buy it. :)

On the other forum people had the opinion that the powerline animation is too strong, unrealistic. The reason was that I've exxagerated the movement, so it's still visible from the tarmac. However, I will include options for slower animation speeds, or no animation at all - if you can customize the hangar, and the grass density, why not this?:)

I'll post more screenshots as soon as new additions are ready!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have your own hangar!

Archived