Saitek Instrument Panels for sale

deansalman

I have a the Saitek Instrument panel and was going to get more. However, after in flight a while, the information on them is wrong. For example. The plane climbs to 8000 ft and the panel reflects this. after in AP for a while it decides that the plane is only 2800 feet.

IS ANYONE else seeing this. Is there a better product

• 2 weeks later...

These gauges are really odd. when I start the flight all is good. however they tend to give false readings, I am at 10K but it says 2K or 0. When I change the display it comes back over time or just by itself

About to return all 4 and give up. Any solutions out there

what does the timeout do in the SaiFlightSimX.xml file

I am thinking if i increase this number then the guage has enough time to get the new data and display it correctly. This appears to be working but I dont have enough test data yet

These gauges are really odd. when I start the flight all is good. however they tend to give false readings, I am at 10K but it says 2K or 0. When I change the display it comes back over time or just by itself

About to return all 4 and give up. Any solutions out there

what does the timeout do in the SaiFlightSimX.xml file

I am thinking if i increase this number then the guage has enough time to get the new data and display it correctly. This appears to be working but I dont have enough test data yet

Not sure we need another topic for the same issue?

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?306633-Saitek-Instrument-Panels-for-sale

What version of the sim? Which aircraft? Other system specs? What software are you using to interface the Saitek units to the sim? Saitek or SPAD? FSUIPC version installed? Got all the SimConnect versions installled?

As with the other topic, non-one can help unless you provide all the information in one place.

There was a problem with Saitek drivers and A2A aircraft a while ago. Solved by using SPAD.next.

So I fixed it and they are working fine. This gave me the clue and also how to program the side buttons.

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/saitek-pro-flight-instrument-panel-tweak-part-1/

I increased the time out, I suspected this might be a reason but I asked Logitech what that time out is doing. I may be able to set that to 100 again but as the site referred to a GOOD Powered USB hub makes a difference. The web site is old and does not talk about P3D but that was easy to get around

The Stardard.xml is at

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls

The SaiFlightSimX.xml is in the ProFlight FS Plugin folder that that is where you can change the swicth names and what they do. I have already started changing mind.

Also there is a XML for each instrument option in the device and I think I see how to add additional gauges. I know how to program with XML but may be going a little fast. One thing at a time. They work now very well really. I now can change what each button does. We will see where that goes from here.

Ok update: The 100 timeout can be too short for some out there. I set mind to 500 and they never fail. I made a mistake and had to restore the backup which had it set to 100. When I ran the flight, they got flaky pretty quickly. I put it back to 500 and all is good. This timeout setting is in SaiFlightSimX.xml. However this is in program files which you can edit and save. Make a copy to documents or where ever, make the change and then copy back over. Back up the file in case you need to revert changes

I am using

P3D V4

Saitek Drivers

FSUIPC 5

Simconnect

More good news, thought I would post a short messages instead of add more. I need to make a word document. So the Stardard.xml is the file that is update by Prepare 3D anytime you assign a key to a function, like auto engine shutdown. Then you look for the tag in that file, in this case ENGINE_AUTO_SHUTDOWN. Then change a button on the Saitek Instrument panel but

XML is case sensitive so that needs to be watched. You can also not have any buttons if you want just the gauage by not using the Name attribute or just remove the Button Tag

So the sky is the limit, I can progra each button for each guage with anything P3D can be assigned to

You can allocate any number of documents to the controls. Standard is merely the file name of the default. I have half a dozen options catering for everything from multi-engine vintage pistons to FADEC equipped modern business jets, all with different allocations.

All you do is rename the P3D config file to allow for the name you wish to use.

This allows you to use variuus combinations and buttons for different functions specific to the type of aircraft. It also allows for the use of different controllers - I have a yoke and a joystick, two different throttle assemblies.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived