ILS Pre-Made Flights?

LTCSZ

Hi: My grandson and I are attempting to learn the basics of ILS approaches...Does anyone know of any pre-programmed flights that we could load into 2004 that would set us up on an instrument approach? We would prefer the slower planes to practice with! Thanks,

Steve and Kevin

Hi: My grandson and I are attempting to learn the basics of ILS approaches...Does anyone know of any pre-programmed flights that we could load into 2004 that would set us up on an instrument approach? We would prefer the slower planes to practice with! Thanks,

Steve and Kevin

No Missions in FS2004 with ILS approaches setup in them?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You can fly to an airport and save a flight 20-30 NM before you get there. Be at a good altitude to catch the ILS signal before saving.

Then just load that flight when you want to practice.

You can save more then one flights that way too if you want.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Steve and Kevin - Thumbs up to you both for wanting to learn ILS approach and landings. I agree with the others, checking the FS instructions which sometime aren't that simple to understand, but give it whirl. Also, you can go on You Tube and do a search on FS2004 ILS Landings and see if you can gather enough information there, in addition to what flight sim instructions have to offer.

What type aircraft have you flown in flight sim? You say "slower planes to practice with" and that doesn't necessarily make the ILS landings any easier. Reason I say that, I tried an ILS approach into Savannah Hilton Head Intl KSAV the other day trying a 172 and it wasn't very pretty! Savannah RWY 1 approach recommended altitude is 2000', 5.9 miles out. The 172 just doesn't want to fall as fast as what I am used to flying. I could go back and experiment with lower altitudes, but I figured I would leave it alone!

I can pretty much make ILS landings in the Beech Baron, Bombardier CRJ700, Boeing 737 and the Airbus A321 without much effort or mishaps. It took me awhile to learn the concept and you can too!

Good luck and happy flying! - Rick

Steve - Forget what I said about the C172, my mistake. I flew it again and everything worked fine. I just didn't take my downwind leg far enough the first time I tried it, which resulted in me being above the glide scope when turning final, which is why the altitude never disengaged. The ILS saying, "Approach the glide scope from below!" but you will know what that means when you go thru the lessons and some videos!

Have fun! And I guess, all these years, the C172 can still teach me a thing or two!

Rick

Archived