Slow loading textures in fsx

ols500

Ok sorry i was in a rush

I have FSX acceleration and i am running Windows 8.1 on a HP laptop (My specs in the picture) and when I start the game all textures load in fine and the big add-on airports work fine. I have no lag issues. However lets say i flying from Calgary-Toronto, when i descend all my terrain is blurry with no trees or buildings loaded, but my big airports load like a charm. I do have a temporary fix, reload the scenery, but it is inconvenient....

I have one scenery add-on, which is Ultimate terrain X Canada. I have tweaked my FSX.CFG, but i think i only put HIGHMEMFIX, but i might of added more. You guys can check :)

My pictures are too big in here so i will put a link, just click the link and you will see them.

My specs.PNG

https://ibb.co/bNiTOQ

https://ibb.co/cC753Q

Hope this helps you guys solve the problem

Ok sorry i was in a rush

I have FSX acceleration and i am running Windows 8.1 on a HP laptop (My specs in the picture) and when I start the game all textures load in fine and the big add-on airports work fine. I have no lag issues. However lets say i flying from Calgary-Toronto, when i descend all my terrain is blurry with no trees or buildings loaded, but my big airports load like a charm. I do have a temporary fix, reload the scenery, but it is inconvenient....

I have one scenery add-on, which is Ultimate terrain X Canada. I have tweaked my FSX.CFG, but i think i only put HIGHMEMFIX, but i might of added more. You guys can check :)

My pictures are too big in here so i will put a link, just click the link and you will see them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]198401[/ATTACH]

https://ibb.co/bNiTOQ

https://ibb.co/cC753Q

Hope this helps you guys solve the problem

Try adding this to your FSX.cfg. It may help, or not!

[TERRAIN]

IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=1024

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=500

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=500

Try lowering the number in red to the default setting of 1024

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX =1

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

ols500,

If you have a laptop, and it runs at 2.1 Ghz, and you have both Windows and FltSim loaded on same HDrive, with no video card - then you get what you are getting. Simple as that.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

ols500,

If you have a laptop, and it runs at 2.1 Ghz, and you have both Windows and FltSim loaded on same HDrive, with no video card - then you get what you are getting. Simple as that.

Chuck B

Napamule

I have a Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC with Intel® HD Graphics 5500 card... i think that's what you mean, and i found that kinda rude, its not like i'm shouting "FIX IT NOW!" :( I just want to help and doing what i can...

It seems the ground textures load in faster and in more detail quickly (thank you) but the buildings and trees still load in slow...

Where is your Autogen slider? I keep mine maxed to the right and I have a slower computer than yours.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hd graphics is part of your cpu. It's not a separate card. And not as good.

2.1 is not fast for fsx.

So you will need to set your settings low to medium.

Use the sliders inside fsx. The settings-graphics menu. That menu has 5 tabs with many settings on every tab.

Looking at what you put in the fsx.cfg I think it's best if you stop editing that by hand and just use the sliders to get your scenery loading back to normal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To someone that is fraustrated with his FSX performance all 'negative' observations by us in the forum SOUNDS rude, I know. But it's more like us just telling you the (cruel) truth (which is VERY cruel when it comes to FSX). ''You can't handle the truth...''(Jack Nickelson) here:

https://youtu.be/9FnO3igOkOk. OK? OK!

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Don't worry about it too much. I'm sure you can find setting that allow you to enjoy fsx. Maybe not wit the more expensive and detailed addons. But you can certainly enjoy all the wonderfull freeware addons in the file libraries on flightsim.com and elsewhere.

Happy flights!:)

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This may sound 'silly' but what I would do, since you have 64 bit OS, is to get P3D. It seems to run better, with less resources, than FSX. You might be surprised at performance and have everything you get with FSX.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: We are 'serious' about Simming but make light of our misfortunes with a little humor.

Archived