Will this run p3d smoothly?

Hey,

Check out this list of specs and let me know if it'll run p3d smoothly - Thanks guys! :)

CasePCS ENIGMA 6003B BLACK CASE

Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-7700k (4.2GHz) 8MB Cache

MotherboardASUS® PRIME Z270-P: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs

Memory (RAM)8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 4GB)Graphics Card

4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti - DVI, HDMI, DP1st

Hard Disk1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 3.5" SSHD - UP TO 5X FASTER THAN HDD!DVD/BLU-RAY Drive24x DUAL LAYER DVD

Processor CoolingSuper Quiet Titan DragonFly Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler

Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

It's a good computer. I'm not too sure about P3D's capabilities, but I know most Sims these days are only single threaded which means you can't crank the settings all the way up unless you want to lose some frames. I'm not too sure if P3D is multi-threaded or not. I thought it was, but since it's based off of FSX or whatever that "commercial" variant was called, I have my doubts.

Edit- M$ ESP was the name of the commercial Sim. Same crap, different pile.

I'm not too sure if P3D is multi-threaded or not. I thought it was, but since it's based off of FSX or whatever that "commercial" variant was called, I have my doubts.

Both P3D and FSX are multi-threaded, and more importantly can shed some load onto multiple cores. They don't balance all that well (1 core is heavily loaded and the bottleneck) but that doesn't mean they're not multi-threaded.

Cheers!

Luke

If you're going to run P3D V4 with any addons such as ORBX or PMDG, you may want to invest in more RAM..An additional 8GB to get you to 16GB should not be too hard on the wallet. Also, a 4GB video card may be a bit limiting but not too bad.

Both P3D and FSX are multi-threaded, and more importantly can shed some load onto multiple cores. They don't balance all that well (1 core is heavily loaded and the bottleneck) but that doesn't mean they're not multi-threaded.

Cheers!

Luke

Well, I know FSX is mostly single threaded. If it truly utilized all the cores we could crank the settings to max without issue. Especially in this day and age.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I know FSX is mostly single threaded. If it truly utilized all the cores

Much, but not all, of this is due to the workload itself, not the code. There are very, very few embarrassingly parallelizable workloads in computer science.

Cheers!

Luke

Archived