Norwegian Long Haul AI traffic not working

mechasus

I am attempting to use a flightplan file using the 787 flightplans from aig_norwegian_summer_2016.zip on AVSIM. However, the traffic does not appear in the sim despite there being seemingly nothing wrong with any of the files.

✓ The traffic file has been checked with the AI Flight Plan tool and has not been flagged with any errors, despite VTBS being missing (other traffic files work fine without this airport).

✓ The specified traffic density in the file is 1%; my traffic slider is well above that. Even in airspace with less traffic density the Norwegian 787s do not work.

✓ There is nothing wrong with the aircraft. I have seen the UTT 787-9 work in my sim under other textures, and I have tested the UTT 787-8 as a flyable aircraft via a .AIR file edit and it appears in the menu with working textures.

What could cause a seemingly normal set of files to not work in the sim?

• A non-matching aircraft= entry in the aircraft.cfg file to that in the flightplans?
  • An incorrect sim= entry for the particular aircraft in the aircraft.cfg?
  • A duplicate [fltsim.x] allocated in the aircraft.cfg?
  • A non-sequential [fltsim.x] allocated in the aircraft.cfg?

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Assuming you are using TTools as your AI manager, the first thing I would want to suggest is that you check the related entry in the TTools aircraft.txt file, to see if the specified name of the aircraft is EXACTLY the same as in the title line of the same AI-787's aircraft.cfg file. Check e.g. for spaces before and after the title in this title line.

Did you re-compile (TTools.exe) after entering your new flight plans ?

Hope this helps

Hans

Assuming you are using TTools as your AI manager, the first thing I would want to suggest is that you check the related entry in the TTools aircraft.txt file, to see if the specified name of the aircraft is EXACTLY the same as in the title line of the same AI-787's aircraft.cfg file. Check e.g. for spaces before and after the title in this title line.

Hope this helps

Hans

Thanks. I have swept the files multiple times over and have not found any discernible errors in the CFG or the aircraft*.txt file. All the text was directly copied and pasted from one file to the other. On another traffic file, the same issue occurs with the DWAI Cessna 310Q and two out of the three variations of Mike Cronin's Piper Cheyenne II. There are no error messages and all files appear to be normal and correct, except when used together.

Swapping in another aircraft would very likely work, however in Norwegian's case only Juergen's pack has all of the available liveries. What makes it more frustrating is that there seems to be nothing wrong with the aircraft files in question.

Hope this helps

Hans

Disregard the previous post. They are visible now. It appears that I may not have been seeing the aircraft due to a lack of available parking. Thanks for your help.

Archived