Nexgen flight sim is no more

XYflight

Can you make sure this is your last post on the topic please?

Because you say "the doubts have been growing" as if there is a group of people that were "still hoping" or something.

There reality is, noone has brought this topic up for a year. You are the only one that keeps bringing it up, over and over and over again.

Only thing will achieve is make other people waste theit time on this mess too. Please save them the trouble.

You keep bringing this topic up whay exactly?

Do you feel like you put something in, and now they don't give something back? Angry?

Ok then, be anglry. Vent once o r twice, and save others from the same trap.

Instead, you keep bringing it up, and lead others into the same mess.

For example this thread. You could just have said:

"For anyone that still cares, NGS have closed up shop. See this link"

Instead your post does not explain anything, but just gives a link that will waste peoples time if the click it.

Again, please make this your last post on this topic. Just let it go already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can you make sure this is your last post on the topic please?

Why? Are you a moderator all of a sudden? ;-)

Because you say "the doubts have been growing" as if there is a group of people that were "still hoping" or something.

There ARE indeed a large group of people that ARE 'still hoping', namely those followers of NGIS that regularly check the NGIS facebook page and NGIS website (which btw has been down for weeks now with no explanation from Stephen B, yet people will still attempt to access it, as I've done for the past few weeks).

You keep bringing this topic up whay exactly?

I'll tell you 'whay' exactly. In addition to the reasons I mentioned above, Nels said only a couple of weeks ago on this forum that as far as he knew, NGIS was still 'in production'. Therefore many of us, up until today at least, still had an interest in NGIS, and we still had a glimmer of hope that perhaps NGIS could produce a next-gen flight-sim against all the odds. Yet we've been strung along all these months because Stephen has been in hiding and hasn't come clean. But finally we can relax now (after months or enquiring) because the truth is out. The project is dead.

Again, please make this your last post on this topic. Just let it go already.

Who are you? Why are you so angry? and why tell me what I should and shouldn't post unless you're a moderator here?

I don't know which far flung country you're from, but in my country we have what's called 'freedom of speech" where we are allowed to say what we like within a website's TOC .

Besides, if your not interested in this topic then there are very many within the wider flight-sim community who are, I assure you....

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/513327-nexgen-sim-dead-in-the-water/#comment-3652789

Now kindly take a chill pill, or else go pick on someone else.

Enjoy your weekend ;-)

I would imagine Stephen Borick's vagaries in the realm of flight simulation to be an excellent topic for this forum.

There are plenty of Outer Marker topics that don't interest me. In such case, I don't read them, let alone comment on them.

Originally the announcement was that there was something almost ready, and that the community" was asked to make planes and such for it.

It then turned out there was no basic software at all.

Over a year ago it was announced that it would not be a community effort, but payware software instead.

About six months ago stephen announced that only a core group of software developers would continue, and that no further input was asked from volunteers.

Now the forum closes for good.

Back at the start I wasted quite some time figuring out that the announcement that the main software was almost ready was bogus.

I then spent a lot of time warning others the so called NGIS, "so called" because the had no simulator, was a complete waste of their time.

I had to do that, because them having a separate Forum here, gave the impression that NGIS was an existing product.

And that was opening the door to someone (stephen) to for example decide to "pre sell" this.

To sell a product that's not finished, with no refunds, and then not finish it and going on holiday with the money. It happens.

That's easy to do if something becomes a hype. And it pushed me to keep warning people that NGIS was not a finished product, and was nowhere near even having the basics for a sim. Thankfully the NGIS forum here on Flightsim.com has disappeared. No more risk of people getting sucked in and wasting time, and potentially money.

I can see you are interested in a having new simulator. Ok, then look at existing simulators. Or post when there is something to tell about something new.

In this case there is nothing to tell, no project to work on, and stephen has long stopped raising expectations.

The only one that keeps advertising this is you. And that's very strange.

If it weren't for you, most people that joined here in the last year would never have even heard of NGIS, let alone wasted time on it.

If you feel like you did waste time on it I understand. But why go to such lengths to make others waste their time too?

Why try to "keep the flame alive"? Are you doing this for stephen by any chance? As part of his "team"?

In case you still don't get it: they have NO software program for sale, there is NO a "project you can work on" where "the community works together", and now they don't have a Forum either.

If you were one of the people that decided to take an unpaid job for them, then created software for them where you don't own the rights

to your own creations, and now get nothing in return, then yes, sure you'd be angry. You have every right to be.

Even if you just spent years reading and it ends now you have every right to be angry they wasted our time.

But, it's gone now. You can easily let this be your last thread on the topic.

I really do not see why you insist on starting threads over and over again.

All you do is write advertisements for NGIS. Bringing their name up over and over again.

And all that does is lure people into the same trap you walked into.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why such venom and disrespect? There are many threads and topics here and on every other site I visit which do not interest me, that engenders no need in me to castigate those who are interested and who start those threads; I just move on.

Everyone is entitled to their interests and opinions, and to express themselves. I'm sure if the powers that be on this site take exception to any threads/posts they will take the appropriate measures.

Some thoughts...

I don't think anyone derives happiness from seeing any project related to flight simulation fail. The issues with NGIS began with the flamboyant and exaggerated manner in which the project was presented by Stephen Borick. Queries of substance from the community were met with more of the same and the discussions often lapsed into heated exchange.

Seems three main responses arose... (1) No harm to let them try. (2) This is all BS already. and (3) NGIS should at least answer some reasonable questions. Had the #3 option been met with fair and professionally sound information from Mr. Borick, I am sure the community would have responded differently. Instead SB's responses mostly supported the views of Response #2. Regarding #1, a "let them have a go" approach seems fair and reasonable to many but not all. So we saw a protracted and energetic discussion follow.

Personally, I had an exchange with this Forum's moderator to inquire why a separate forum slot was given to NGIS in light of the obvious lack of substance. We stood on two quite obviously opposite platforms.

I prefer to acknowledge and recognize and support quality and professional work, along with clear and reasonable communication to end users. I dislike grandiose claims that lack meaningful substance. Therein lies the nut.

SB's communications were incredible with their exaggerated claims and inflated tone, and disparagement of existing sim platforms. His responses to the community were sorely insufficient from the outset and later updates were rightly challenged as being outright misleading.

For some, this did not matter - perhaps based on the idea that adults should know how to make decisions on how to use their time and energy. For others, it was important to sound the alarm. No one raising alarm and challenging Mr. Borick were responsible for the failure of NGIS. That result rests solely with him.

The history of NGIS as a project and Mr. Borick's management of this effort needs to be on record.

I personally applaud this community for its willingness to speak out and challenge and ask tough questions. Even if the discourse gets choppy, the end result of open and free exchange serves us all well.

RMM

I readily admit that I lost interest ages ago when, despite a steady stream of "Trumpean" hype ("this will be the most stupendous, most marvelous, most wonderful, flight sim ever"), we never saw anything concrete - no screenshots, no video, nothing to indicate this was anything more than a pipe dream. But that does not excuse the attitude of the initial response to this thread.

The Avsim forum has a lengthy thread where some very relevant details of this history are presented. I found the information presented there to be very revealing. Not for everyone, I understand that.

RMM

Hm, I should have written: "After having read that thread, it is still very unclear to me what NGFS have been doing all those years."

My understanding is that they spent the better part of 3 years or so searching for a 3D engine. A few able programmers could have written such a thing in that time. Basically that is what Aerofly did with their scenery engine.

I can't see why XYflight's post was attacked so aggressively? We don't all live here on the forums and don't see everything being posted or discussed. So for me the heading and the topic was something of interest and a great favor.
i5-10600K @ 5.0 GHz, Gigabyte Z490M motherboard, RTX 2080 Super 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Quest 2, Windows 10 64-bit

Archived