Cirrus SR22-GTS Turbo G3

FSX Cirrus SR22-GTS Turbo G3

found here - https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=CirrusG3Turbo1.zip&x=15&y=6

***This Aircraft package has a working Cirrus Airframe Parachute System***

There is absolutely no information on getting the airframe parachute to work

Does anyone know? (just shutting down the engine doesn't work)

Would be fun to watch

22.jpg

Funny you'd bring the Cirrus parachute issue up.

I've read more than one FAA treatise that says Cirrus owners on occasion seem to have an ill-advisable sense of personal security provided by their parachutes and so submit themselves to more inflight risks than other brands' pilots are likely to try. Then, just when they do get themselves into needless troubles, they often hold off deploying the parachute for fear of the costs of repairing the aircraft until it is too late.

So Cirrus pilots are known to avoid paying the parachuted crash repair costs themselves. However, their heirs have to add funeral costs to the costs of a crashed aircraft itself.

BTW: Yes I'd love to see a u-tube of a Cirrus simmed parachute "landing." And if the parachute does correctly deploy on that sim, I might be tempted to buy that model myself.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Spoiler key- "/"

For show, no aerodynamic effect that I noticed. On my deployments at least the only reusable component would have been the chute, and then only if it drifted away from the wreckage of the plane.

Thanks! Tried every other key but that one!

chute.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

That's interesting!! Having said that, your info is sadly equal to the lack of RW info from the FAA!!!!!:eek::eek:

If RW there is an advantage to having aircraft with parachutes attached, there should be RW evidence of the survival rates of those who deployed their aircraft parachutes!! And, as I mentioned, that needs to include RW evidence of survival rates of those GA pilots who fly with and without the on-board aircraft parachutes.

Tried the overhead but there is no clickable there

Will try the / key that sounds like the ticket

a little later...

yeah / works

then you can fly along with an open parachute if you want, :)

as stated above it has no effect on flight whatsoever

After all of the previous discussions, I have to admit I may have a new favorite small GA airplane and it is made by Cirrus!!:o:o:o

I just read in AOPA journal about the new Cirrus Jet!!;) It's a single turbo-jet mounted aft and above the air-frame just in front of a Delta Tail!!

Certainly the favorite GA aircraft which I ever flew was a pressurized Beach Bonanza with a Delta Tail!! At that time they called this plane the "Doctor Killer." Which is exactly what they today call many Mooneys and Cirrus models.

Having said that. If Cirrus has managed to provide a successful GA aircraft with a cruise FL of 280 with a speed of 300 Knts. That is one totally cool airplane!!!!

I wait with baited breath to find out if this new AC is as good as predicted!! :cool::cool:

Michael

Tried the overhead but there is no clickable there

Will try the / key that sounds like the ticket

a little later...

yeah / works

then you can fly along with an open parachute if you want, :)

as stated above it has no effect on flight whatsoever

Sorry!! IF A SIM SHOWS NO AFFECT WHILE FLYING WHETHER OR NOT THE CHUTE IS DEPLOYED IT ISN'T A SIM AT ALL!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Michael

Archived