Preventing go arounds

I used to use AI Separation in FS2004, but it looks like this ONLY works with FS2004. What can I use for FSX that sees my aircraft and makes AI do a holding pattern? I tried AI Smooth, but it didn't work and I think that's just for AI A/C.

In the event of a "go around", I will acknowledge the go around to tower and then land anyway. That takes care of that!;)

Same! Lol

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

That's what I do besides, I do own the airports in my system!

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

In the event of a "go around", I will acknowledge the go around to tower and then land anyway. That takes care of that!;)

Which totally takes the "Sim" out of simming. :rolleyes: If I'm worried about ATC instructions for example when trying new settings, scenery, etc, I don't turn ATC on.

Having said that, if I'm trying to "sim" accurately, I must obey the ATC instructions I'm given. I know from RW experience being summoned to the tower doesn't make for a good or happy day!! :eek::eek::mad:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Having said that, if I'm trying to "sim" accurately, I must obey the ATC instructions I'm given. I know from RW experience being summoned to the tower doesn't make for a good or happy day!! :eek::eek::mad:

I find that statement funny as go arounds in the sim are usually the result of sim behavior that is anything but realistic.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I find that statement funny as go arounds in the sim are usually the result of sim behavior that is anything but realistic.

peace,

the Bean

Thanks, Bean! Me too! Glad to see you on here again:D

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

peace,

the Bean

I found go arounds RW were often the result of poor reactions and decisions by the RW ATC system or by other pilots on the ground or in the pattern. Whether they are as frequent as the sim's mistakes is a matter of opinion.

It is realistic for aircraft to attempt takeoffs from a runway other than one assigned or spending way too much time on the runway after landing before making their exit. It is realistic for aircraft to land at the wrong airport with a similar runway designation. Also having aircraft spend so much time waiting for takeoff clearance that they need to be de-iced several times is very realistic during winter.

To err is human as well as in a sim. I feel living with errors, in the sim and including my own, is part of simming flights. As they say different strokes for different folks! ;)

1. AI Smooth works just fine with FSX.

2. Makes sure you are just using default AI Traffic. FSX ATC was not programmed for anything more than that without asking for problems.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Just a suggestion, but if you own Radar Contact it will make any AI ahead of you on final approach to the runway do a go around and clear you for landing.

That's pretty cool! But is it RW? Not in my RW experiences. Life, as we hoped it would be, does get into the way of everything we hugely hoped RW will work out!!

If we're truly talking about a "sim." That "sim" should allow RW issues to occur and mess up all our best laid plans.

Michael

Archived