shorting the list of aircraft for one plane

deansalman

I wondered if there was any harm in this, since I am aware of the aircraft.config I don't think so. So I added a few new planes and I really only pick one from the list. The only difference is the texture for the plane. So I deleted the rest and left the one. I was not sure if the flightsim number had to be 0 so I set it that way. Sure enough only one is there now.

Any harm doing this? In case I missed something. Do have to be careful because sometimes the texture is not the only difference

if you mean can you hurt your sim - no. Worst thing would be the aircraft wouldn't display and/or the sim would crash but if you removed the aircraft - all would be well. Just remember to backup the original aicraft.cfg file.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Another simple way to do this that works in FSX (and as the aircraft.cfg files in both FSX and P3D seem to have much in common I see no reason as to why it won't in P3D) is to add a 0 (zero) to the Panel= line in each [fltsim.XX] entry that you don't want to display - eg Panel=0.

Doing this allows you to leave the rest of the .cfg intact and the texture folders in place, thus avoiding any problems that might occur due to their removal.

Regards

Brian

Archived