FS2000 help and advice?

Angels103959

Hi. So, I just bought a saitek joystick called cyborg 3D gold and Fs2000 software .I'm trying to load it onto a hp laptop 64 bit running win. 10. I've tried several times deleting the previous try each time. I've also tried compatability mode with no success. My main goal is to just have a flight sim. That works with the saitek joystick for now. Any suggestions, advise , etc greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi there.

I have had problems getting older Sims/games to run on modern PCs with OS's newer than Vista. The Microsoft compatability mode is just whitewash and doesn't work with most games made for XP or earlier OS's.

There probably is a way to get it to run on your new laptop but can I suggest a way to cut out all the pain?

Get an old laptop running XP and with a basic dedicated graphics card.

I don't know where you live but go on E-bay and look for something like a TOSHIBA 6100.

That has a 32MB Nvidia Graphics. For Laptops older than 2004 you must have dedicated ATI or Nvidia graphics with 32MB minimum.

BUT any laptop with INTEL 915/945 integrated graphics will run FS2000 well. Most laptops made after 2005 came with that. Dell/HP/Compaq/SONY - there are loads.

Cost? About £60 max.

If you are an expert hardware tinkerer then you could go cheaper.

The laptop is NOT for internet, but only for your older Sims/games.

This is advice. I hope this helps.

If you do decide to go looking for one please ask me to approve of it or not.

I am happy to help and give back to FlightSim for all the stuff I have downloaded.

If you are in the UK(or anywhere TBH) I will even look for one for you.

OK?

FS2000 will not run on Windows 10 or 64 bit OS. You could get FS2004 for $30 to $38 at Amazon. Used but good condition. FS2004 is 10 times better than FS2000. Then get the 'No CD' patch so you can run it without #4 CD having to be in CD drive (which doesn't work with Win 7 or Win 10). Worth a shot. I have FS9. Works good with Win7 64 bit.

Chuck B

napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived