vatsim with no fmc

stevej2217

hey guys its been a while since ive flown on vatsim and id loke to get back. last i flew i used the original vasfmc (simple fmc) and was able to perform the sids/stars. i have thew last version of vasfmc but cant get it to work right. so i was wondering how those of you that do fly on vATSIM do so without payware. its hard to get a decent profile or even know when to start a decent or vector without atc unless performing stars.

the problem is after setting up the fmc (final vasfmc) i taxi to runway and immediately after gear up i engage the auto pilot and all heck breaks loose. thew fmc tries to climb me to 60000 with a vs of 6000. something is not right but ive followed the tutorial to the t...can someone help

I don't know the vas fmc. I only have a few weeks of experience with the Ifly fmc.

To me the problem seems to be either you forget to switch on the autothrottle, or there's faults in the flight plan.

Faults like forgetting to set the cruise altitude, wrong gross weight, or maybe not loading the plan. (though perhaps without a plan loaded lnav and vnav wouldn't even engage.).

I only fly the ifly with fmc, and did about 20 flights so far. Taking it further every time. At first I used speed hold and VS hold, then went to lnav and vnav. The last couple of flights I engaged TOGA on the runway and lnav and vnav at Vrotate. But, always with AP and AT on before engaging lnav/vnav.

If I engage lnav when not on intercept course with next waypoint, the plane starts flying in tight never ending circles. Maybe yours does something similar with vnav.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The last couple of flights I engaged TOGA on the runway and lnav and vnav at Vrotate. But, always with AP and AT on before engaging lnav/vnav.

If I engage lnav when not on intercept course with next waypoint, the plane starts flying in tight never ending circles.

Of course it is up to you how you choose to fly your sim aircraft, but any pilot who tried that technique for takeoff would be fired immediately.

You must be on intercept course to engage LNAV. Standard procedure.

Archived