Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Out for a beer and some Poi.

Default Out for a beer and some Poi.

One of my very own personal favorite places in the world, the island of Oahu. Great culture, great people, great history, and a combination of cosmopolitan life and abundant wild and natural beauty.
    Jan, please clear up some space in your pm box, thanks!!
    Bernardo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moloka'i.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	339.2 KB 
ID:	198243  
    Annber
    Intel i7 4790k@4.00GHz - Nvidia EVGA GTX 970 4gb - Asus Z97 Maximus Hero VII - WD black series 1TB HD - Corsair RM series RM850 - Samsung 840 EVO MZ-7TE500BW 500gb SSD

Nice looking shot of Oahu, Bernardo! Maybe beer and pupus (pronounced poo poos) instead of the poi. Poi is equal to library paste but I did have a bread made of taro root that was pretty good!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

YEAH! HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SO PRETTY FLYING TIME.

Desktop: Cybertron AMD, Nvidia GeForce, Microsoft Windows 10,ASUS 24" 1920x1080. And, Microsoft SIDEWINDER Force Feedback Pro. Activity: FSX, FSX-SE, FSW and XP11. Duty: Landmark Virtual Aviation, FSX Bombardier Learjet 45 N508JX (flight over USA/Canada/Mexico.)

Great screenie here my friend, love it! I'm cleaning my PM box now!

Thanks Zippy, Poi is an acquired taste, never quite got to the acquired part myself. Liked the spam though or the best garlic shrimps in the world.
    Firefalcon, its always flying time around Hawaii
    Jan, thank you my friend, much appreciated.
    Here is the deal, before I continue this project (one week old) I need several set of eyes to help me decide if it is worth it. I will try to pm some images to anyone that replies this post of photoscenery Oahu, if you have time pls reply with an opinion.
    Thanks!!
    Bernardo.
    Annber
    Intel i7 4790k@4.00GHz - Nvidia EVGA GTX 970 4gb - Asus Z97 Maximus Hero VII - WD black series 1TB HD - Corsair RM series RM850 - Samsung 840 EVO MZ-7TE500BW 500gb SSD

For some reason pm messages doesn't let me add images, forget that.
    Anyway, found this great scenery of Waikiki, looks good on photoreal.

Name:	oahu_waikiki.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	331.2 KB 
ID:	198266  
    Annber

Quote Originally Posted by annber View Post
    For some reason pm messages doesn't let me add images, forget that.
    Anyway, found this great scenery of Waikiki, looks good on photoreal.
    You can add images to PMs but you have to use an offsite hosting service like Photobucket the way AVSIM does it for their screenshots.
    Nice looking Waikiki!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    You can add images to PMs but you have to use an offsite hosting service like Photobucket the way AVSIM does it for their screenshots.
    Nice looking Waikiki!
    Thanks Zippy, I thought I could do it the same as when you post. I might think of something else, meantime out to get some garlic shrimp at Giovanni's shack.

Name:	oahu_beach3.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	408.7 KB 
ID:	198288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oahu_beach6.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	359.9 KB 
ID:	198289  
    Annber

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Nice looking shot of Oahu, Bernardo! Maybe beer and pupus (pronounced poo poos) instead of the poi. Poi is equal to library paste but I did have a bread made of taro root that was pretty good!
    There is nothing in this world better than Plate Lunch. Especially when ordered from a roach coach at the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard.
    Plate Lunch is served on a paper plate and is composed of a slab of SPAM grilled with teriyaki, a pile of Chinese red pork, some Kim Chi on the side, and an ice cream scoop sized ball of macaroni salad.

Taro chips (think potato chips) are also great. Poi was reserved for the tourists and I met a lot of natives who said they couldn't stand it.

I got lucky when I first reported to Pearl and wound up living in an old barracks on Ford Island (NavSubTraCenPac) for three months. While this made it tough to enjoy the night life in Waikiki, I did manage to find the old sounding cannon (used for ships entering the harbor in fog) near the ramp where they beached the old Pan Am China Clipper.

Wonderful shots Bernardo!! And some very interesting memories from BobSeaman.

A friend of mine is a retired DHL pilot from Sweden who is married to another retired DHL pilot who was born and raised in Honolulu. We went over for Thanksgiving Dinner once and Loni served at least five or six different dishes made with Spam!

Talk about funny, when Yens gets mad he starts cussing in Swedish. So Loni cusses him back in her area's native language, which seems to be at least four different languages all melted together, as well!!

Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast