Out for a beer and some Poi.

Nice looking shot of Oahu, Bernardo! Maybe beer and pupus (pronounced poo poos) instead of the poi. Poi is equal to library paste but I did have a bread made of taro root that was pretty good!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

YEAH! HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SO PRETTY FLYING TIME. :cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"

Thanks Zippy, Poi is an acquired taste, never quite got to the acquired part myself. Liked the spam though:) or the best garlic shrimps in the world.

Firefalcon, its always flying time around Hawaii:cool:

Jan, thank you my friend, much appreciated.

Here is the deal, before I continue this project (one week old) I need several set of eyes to help me decide if it is worth it. I will try to pm some images to anyone that replies this post of photoscenery Oahu, if you have time pls reply with an opinion.

Thanks!!

Bernardo.

For some reason pm messages doesn't let me add images, forget that.

Anyway, found this great scenery of Waikiki, looks good on photoreal.

You can add images to PMs but you have to use an offsite hosting service like Photobucket the way AVSIM does it for their screenshots.

Nice looking Waikiki!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You can add images to PMs but you have to use an offsite hosting service like Photobucket the way AVSIM does it for their screenshots.

Nice looking Waikiki!

Thanks Zippy, I thought I could do it the same as when you post. I might think of something else, meantime out to get some garlic shrimp at Giovanni's shack.

oahu_beach3.jpg

oahu_beach6.jpg

Nice looking shot of Oahu, Bernardo! Maybe beer and pupus (pronounced poo poos) instead of the poi. Poi is equal to library paste but I did have a bread made of taro root that was pretty good!;)

There is nothing in this world better than Plate Lunch. :cool: Especially when ordered from a roach coach at the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard.

Plate Lunch is served on a paper plate and is composed of a slab of SPAM grilled with teriyaki, a pile of Chinese red pork, some Kim Chi on the side, and an ice cream scoop sized ball of macaroni salad. :D

Taro chips (think potato chips) are also great. Poi was reserved for the tourists and I met a lot of natives who said they couldn't stand it. :p

I got lucky when I first reported to Pearl and wound up living in an old barracks on Ford Island (NavSubTraCenPac) for three months. While this made it tough to enjoy the night life in Waikiki, I did manage to find the old sounding cannon (used for ships entering the harbor in fog) near the ramp where they beached the old Pan Am China Clipper. :cool:

Wonderful shots Bernardo!! And some very interesting memories from BobSeaman.

A friend of mine is a retired DHL pilot from Sweden who is married to another retired DHL pilot who was born and raised in Honolulu. We went over for Thanksgiving Dinner once and Loni served at least five or six different dishes made with Spam!

Talk about funny, when Yens gets mad he starts cussing in Swedish. So Loni cusses him back in her area's native language, which seems to be at least four different languages all melted together, as well!! :p:p:p

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived