Please help me how to work

Firefalcon

If, Who anyone know how to working FSX Acceleration and Windows 10 should be run. Today, I done it set up on a new ASUS 24" monitor and a new computer, just a first time myself Windows 10 and still other old Dell Windows XP. I tried to install it new FSX Acceleration Expansion Pack disk won't working set up. Please help me how what do? I know that FSX Steam Edition and X-Plane 11 true working for W10 when I would buy as soon.

When Drive: appear its error message:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DVD RW Drive (D:\)

FSX XPack

Choose what do with this disc.

Install or run program from your media.

1. Run setup exe Published by Microsoft Corporation.

Other chooses:

2. Open folder to view files. File Explorer.

3. Take no action.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I click the open number 1 then error message say:

D:\

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

Firefalcon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"

Try it again, but this time do this: click on option 3.

Then use File Explorer to navigate to your D: drive (which I assume is your DVD drive). Scroll down the list of items until you see setup.exe. Right-click on that, and from the menu select "Run as Administrator" and see what happens.

Now, something very important to avoid issues later on. I think (my ailing memory...) the very first question you get when you install is if you want to do a custom install. By all means select custom install, then tell install to install to C:\FSX or something similar. This is to avoid problems with User Account Control when you install add-ons later on.

Jorgen

OK, I try it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

oh I see no problem. wait and see if Microsoft Support response feedback.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

fsx disk edition is the same as fsx SE. It's the same program.

There is no need to install them both.

If you do want to install both FsxSE, and disk edition, there is one important thing.

Fsx disk edition Must be installed first.

--

See this:

http://fsrijnmond.airworld.nl/FSX%20Steam%20se/How%20To%20Install%20FSX-Steam%20Edition.pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, FSX X Pack should be fine run through W10 no matter all Windows working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh Yeah, what I though that FSX Acceleration or FSX Deluxe and FSX SE should be working for Aircraft download libraries?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

............I tried to install it new FSX Acceleration Expansion Pack DVD won't working set up. ...........

..........The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail..........

HI,

As you are using W10, I suspect that the problem is related to missing/corrupted essential 3rd party files/libraries.

The cryptic side-by-side error message is a key pointer here. The Accel addon requires some extra files that the base FSX version doesn't.

Additionally, W10 ships without some essential files for FSX as a whole or may only have versions of such files that can cause incompatibility issues.

Download the latest following libraries from the MS website - install all of them using Admin Rights and let them install into any default location they may recommend:

1. Visual C++ Runtime 2005 Redistribution pack - it is likely, from the error message, that this the missing/corrupted package.

2. DirectX Redistribution Pack - W10 only ships with DX 10 and 11 (and possible 12 depending on how long the 'new' computer has been sat on the store shelf - 12 support was only introduced as part of the 'anniversary' update released in Oct 2016). The DX Redist pack covers all current supported version of DX (9, 10, 11 and 12)

Note - there will be basic versions of both VC++ 2005 and DX9 (the version required for FSX) on the FSX install disks but both are woefully out of date.

The other library that you may need is .NET Framework - there are a number of version of .NET and a specific version may be required by some addons. If required, they can be download from the MS website. To check what version you have, as they don't appear in the Programs and Features listing, you must look in the registry as follows:

1. On the Start menu, choose Run.

2. In the Open box type regedit and click OK. Note, you may need to have administrative rights to run it

3. In the Registry Editor, open the following subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP.

This will list the versions installed.

Regards

Brian

The original post said you installed fsx SE first, and then tried to install fsx disk edition afterwards. That's not the correct order in which to install.

Fsx-se will then already be installed in the same folder names that fsx disk version wants to use. And that means the disk version can't install correctly.

Why did you remove that part from the original question?

Editing the original post after 8 replies is not a good idea.

It makes a complete mess of the whole thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@ il88pp

Your additional info makes sense. I only read the post today so wasn't aware of what had been deleted from the OP......

I based my reply on what was written as, back when the Accel add on first become available, getting the side by side error was common for those who had installed Accel onto a base deluxe edition (with or without SP1) install. The most common cause was found to be the lack of an updated Visual C++ install.........

@ Firefalcon

As il88pp has stated, editing out important info from the OP leads to confusion, especially for those who read the thread several days (or months even years) after the original posting date.

Based on what il88pp has stated, it would be best to do as he has suggested at post #7 and:

First, make a decision as to whether you really want to install both the boxed and SE version.....

1. Uninstall SE.

2. Use a registry cleaning tool, such as CCleaner, to make sure all traces of SE is removed from the registry otherwise you may get further problems with the next steps.

If you want both:

3. Install the BOXED base version of FSX, test the install. Then install the Accel addon. Test again.

4. Install the SE version and test

If you only want one version, skip steps 3 or 4 as appropriate.

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

Of course, yes what I'd learn from YouTube about Visual C++ Runtime 2005 Redistribution . Then, I downloaded Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=40784and then, installed it was so good. but the same error message. Seemly not working. Still frustrate myself. Brian, Do you can remote assist? I need someone help me that it done.

Jimmy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP then which is CDF or v4.0 or v4 then what look for? for "install"?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, FSX Acceleration disk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Jimmy,

WRT C++ - You need to download and install the 2005 package of C++.

Each C++ package is an individual package that contains different files for that version. A later version number does not necessary contain file from earlier versions.. Whilst some of the files may appear to be the same as in other versions they are not - the file version and minor reversion numbers associated with the file will be different.

You can have a number of different C++ versions installed. If you go to the Program and Features settings page you will see what you have installed.

WRT your comments regarding .NET - again you can have a number of different version of .NET installed. My rig currently has the following version listed under NDP; CDF (V4.0) V2.0.50727, V3.0, V3.5, V4 and v4.0. As with C++, each is a standalone package.

However, all of this is irrelevant if you are trying to install the boxed version after a SE install. Please clarify what you mean by the your comment at post #15 AND what current installs of FSX you have.........as

1. If SE installed before boxed version - boxed version will not install.

2. If SE is installed and you are trying to add the Accel pack - will not install as it is already included in SE.

3. If a boxed install and are trying to install the Accel pack - the problem lies with either the lack of C++ 2005 (most likely) or a .NET issue (less likely).

4. If no boxed install but trying to install Accel - it is not a standalone product. It needs a version of FSX already installed

Regards

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY GOOD NEWS! I got it when I bought it FSX Steam Edition installation what I'd saw, NOTICE it that Microsoft Framework "2005" itself loading include FSX SE program, OF COURSE. Then, last Tuesday July 11, 2017 I curiously test if work or not that FSX Acceleration disk put in D: so FSX screen APPEAR it that WORK WORK for an installation. Yahoo! lol "Weird so"

Firefalcon

Lear45 Capt.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are RIGHT.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, I find out awhile ago few days ago. FSX SE any Aircrafts "common" Downloads when I did tried the FSX SE Gulfstream V zip installed into SimObjects then Airplane then Look so UGLY White no color and I asked my friend view he told me there Boeing 737 a strange 'NOT WORKING." Anyway! I knew that FSX and FSX SE are SEPARATE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...........NOTICE it that Microsoft Framework "2005" itself loading include FSX SE program..........."Weird so"..........

Hi jimmy,

Not so 'weird'.........Framework 2005 is just another name for Visual C++ Runtime 2005.

WRT to the Gulfstream visuals issue - I suggest opening a new thread. Give full details of the issue, including the file name and where you downloaded it from, what the actual problem is and when does it occur - for this last piece of info I mean does it only look bad in the free flight display window or does it look bad when actually loaded and ready to fly ......

Regards

Brian

Archived