Thread: Project Airbus A32X Landing Problem

Default Project Airbus A32X Landing Problem

Hi there,

I am having a problem with the Project Airbus A320, (as well as the A318, A319 and A321)

I can only make hard landings, as I cannot flare this aircraft. If I raise the nose at all, even just 2 degrees, the aircraft will start climbing again. I have tried setting flaps and spoilers to no avail. I am now wondering if there is something in the AIRCRAFT.CFG that I can change.

All of my PA A32X aircraft use the basepack from the PA website: www.pafs.wf

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Most of the airbuses are overpowered. What are you using as approach and landing speed?
    I have several PA A-319 and have no difficulties in landing.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Read about the Airbuses control surfaces (FBW) cause they are different than Boeing's direct control approach. Keep at it until you succeed.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Most of the airbuses are overpowered. What are you using as approach and landing speed?
    I have several PA A-319 and have no difficulties in landing.
    My approach and landing speed is about 120 knots. Like I said, if I raise the nose AT ALL, the aircraft will start climbing again.

Ok, I think it may have been something to do with some sort of modification that I made, as I redownloaded the basepack from the official website, and I can now bring the nose up far enough to flare.

On the overhead electrical/lighting panel of the A321, there is a section FLT CTL on the left side with 3 buttons in it, ELAC1 SEC1 FAC1. Prior to landing, light up all 3 buttons to reflect OFF and before approaching the runway, make sure you disengage the ATHR first, then the AP (in that order). I usually disengage the ATHR around 200', then allow the aircraft to get lower before disengaging the AP.

The Airbus fought me for the longest time, then, I found some older posts about the 3 buttons in the overhead panel, and also the order to disengage the ATHR and AP buttons.
    It was like "Taming the Beast!" Made a world of difference!

Good luck! - Rick