Thread: Historic Jetliners Group

Blog Entries

Default Historic Jetliners Group

A very useful site with downloads you may not easily find elsewhere:

Historic Jetliners Group

at:

http://simviation.com//hjg/main.htm

Check it out.
    I just downloaded many files and will start with their Caravelles.

They also have RARE AI aircraft.

Nick

Thanks Nick, for reminding simmers. I have many of their A/C liners. I enjoy all that I have. The detail is fantastic, if you have never download these very nice freeware A/C's consider trying them out. Kenny

Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback Kenny.
    Last edited by asos; 06-18-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Glad too do it asos as I like to give praise for the freeware simmers that give back to a great hobby. This is my way of flight after loosing my PP several years ago do to health, regardless if it is commercial liners or private planes. Kenny

Blog Entries

Kenny,

Thanks again.

I am sorry to hear you had a health problem and cannot fly anymore because of it. The sim is a good alternative I guess and will do at a pinch.

At least you were fortunate enough to fly for real, while most simmers only fly in the sims...

I, for one, have only flown as a passenger...but 150 flights or so...6-7 in Greece, 2 to England, 1 to Moldova, 1 to Chechoslovakia, 1 to Poland, the rest to France --all from Greece, my home--I live in Athens, the capital and was born in it.

Nick

6. Default

Yup. Love that website. I use their DC9-30 and B727-200 almost daily. I love flying the old way and not with a GPS or flight computer. I have many other aircraft from their site but those two are my favorite. The Caravelle is really good too!

Blog Entries

bam220,

Will try those two--thanks.

One additional comment; I also have used the HJG airplanes and like them very much. The panels, though, contain many not-obvious details and are problematic unless you follow the user manual, which can be difficult to find. I usually do a google search for it.

Blog Entries

nadlzfw

Which are the planes that have problematic panels please?

I have only installed a DC-9 and that has an aliased panel: alias=B737_400\panel

I believe all the HJG aircraft have a very realistic panel available...not an alias to MS default, and much more complicated.

I have the Convair 880, DC-8-50 and DC-9-30. I also have my sim defaulted to load aircraft with everything off, so I must do a complete startup.

I found, for all three aircraft, that just using experience and intuition, it's not possible to start these aircraft. I must use a user's manual that I found via google search.

For example, the CV880 and DC-8 must have bleed air supplied by a ground cart first before starting the first engine; remaining engines can be started by cross-bleed. It's absolutely realistic, but not something I could figure out on my own.

Please don't misunderstand. I really love the HJG models and enjoy them. I do like the realism of the panel and associated procedures. I was just commenting that use of the manual is essential.

Nadlzfw

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast