Community Update V3 Coming This Week

tiger1962

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/community-update-v3-coming-this-week.1348/

From DTG Cryss:

We’re gearing up to launch our next update to Flight Sim World, which is all about bringing the community together. Since launch you’ve had access to the Pro Mission Editor and we’re eager to see the content you’ve been creating for FSW.

Community Update v3 will bring Steam Workshop functionality into the simulator, allowing you to share your creations with your friends and the wider community.

Steam Workshop

Players can publish missions to Steam Workshop from the mission editor for others to play.

Players can browse for, subscribe to and play Steam Workshop missions created by others.

Even if you’re not interested in creating content, you’ll hopefully find some challenging missions to attempt. Whether you’re creating missions and want some feedback or want to give credit to a creator who pulled off something special then give them a shout out.

Engine

Next up is an update that even die-hard free flyers can enjoy, there’s an significant update to how the engine handles lighting:

Revision to light-scattering model.

Rebalancing terrain lighting across the scene and further reducing areas of high brightness

Admittedly it’s a little difficult to explain in bullet points, so we’ve got a few visual aids that show off what we’ve been getting up to.

Let us know what you think of the changes on your next flight.

Localization

Localisation fixes across the title.

We’ll let you know when the update goes live, we’re eager to see what you’ve been cooking up in the Pro Mission Editor. If you’re a trying to get to grips with it, then check out this tutorial where Jason walks you through creating content for Flight Sim World.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived