FSX Static Car Parking Lots Not Showing

Currently making scenery for KBLI airport and since it's a large airport with airline service, there are 3 big parking lots at the airport, 1 of which I fully completed. However in FSX, all the parked cars are simply gone. I placed other small parking lots around the airport and those show up perfectly fine. Are their too many cars? Is there a static scenery object car limit in FSX? Is there too many cars in one area? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Parking lot in ADE

Capture.JPG

Parking lot in FSX (No Cars at all!!):confused:

2017-6-14_14-59-36-459.jpg

Have you flattened it? They might be sneaking around underground. Also, make sure that if they are not default cars you have the library activated. I do not think there is any restriction on amount of peaceable objects. You might also want to send it to a friend for them to test it.

Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

Yes the area is flattened. I first put an exclusion zone that basically deletes the default KBLI airport background. I then added my own airport background that matches closely to real life, and then I added concrete landclass on top to make the parking lot.

Basically this is what is underneath the static car objects, with the bottom layer being at the bottom of this list:

Default FSX Static Parked Cars

Land Class: Cement: Drawing layer 139

Airport Background: Flatten Mask Class Map ExcludeAutogen: Drawing Layer 139

Exclude Specific: Airport Backgrounds Flatten MaskClassMap AutoGen: Drawing Layer 139

Also the area around the parking lot is flattened.

I tried deleting the exclusion zone, the airport background, and even tried deleting both, tried deleting many cars, and tried deleting the cement land class, but nothing. I still don't have any cars. I'm completely stumped. I've never seen this happen before. All other cars placed around the airport are visible but the cars in this specific area just don't want to show up.

Quick update, I manually placed static cars one by one, and those are showing up, so I do not know what is up with the parked cars, but placing each car individually works. Only problem is that this will take HOURS to fill the parking lot car by car. Filling up the parking lot with the already grouped parked cars took an hour.

"Default FSX Static Parked Cars" doesn't really ring a bell with me. I've never used it AFAIK.

It looks to me you've added some objects library to ADE, allowing you to place the cars, but somehow that library bgl isn't placed in an active scenery folder (so still unknown to FSX).

Would be nice to known what library you're using to place rows and/or arrays of cars.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

"Default FSX Static Parked Cars" doesn't really ring a bell with me. I've never used it AFAIK.

It looks to me you've added some objects library to ADE, allowing you to place the cars, but somehow that library bgl isn't placed in an active scenery folder (so still unknown to FSX).

Would be nice to known what library you're using to place rows and/or arrays of cars.

Wim

FSX already comes with a ton of default objects. You know the cars and trucks you see on the major highways when flying in FSX? (Assuming you have road traffic sliders up) Well in the FSX scenery library there are static versions of those cars that you can place around. There is also already grouped up cars that are parked which you can place around in ADE which saves you time since you don't have to add a car by car. The static car objects I'm using are default and came with FSX, I didn't add these car objects. Only objects I have that are 3rd party are some extra buildings and hangars, and 3rd party static airplanes as well. FYI static means non-moving.

No need being rude, I know what "static" means.

Found the car rows/arrays btw, in the FSXP_*.bgl's. As said, I've never used those.

Some of them are known for never displaying correctly outside missions. OTOH some others can be used in free flight. Seems to be trial and error.

And you need to check "Do Not Surpress Autogen" (in ADE) when using them on aprons with an autogen exclude.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

No need being rude, I know what "static" means.

Found the car rows/arrays btw, in the FSXP_*.bgl's. As said, I've never used those.

Some of them are known for never displaying correctly outside missions. OTOH some others can be used in free flight. Seems to be trial and error.

And you need to check "Do Not Surpress Autogen" (in ADE) when using them on aprons with an autogen exclude.

Wim

I Appreciate the help. I added a mix of small parking lot cars (already grouped cars) and individually placed cars and that seems to be working, but every now and then cars around the airport could disappear for no real reason. All I can say is that the static cars are pretty unstable, at least in this situation. Also I've never had this issue when creating smaller parking lots for smaller airports. I still have 1 more full parking lot to go, so I'll check mark the "Do Not Surpass Autogen" box for the cars and see if that makes them more stable.

Archived